Author Topic: Robert F Kennedy Jr calls Biden ‘much worse threat to democracy’ than Trump  (Read 843 times)

Online libertybele

Robert F Kennedy Jr calls Biden ‘much worse threat to democracy’ than Trump

After Donald Trump said that he loved how Robert F Kennedy Jr was running for president, the independent candidate called Joe Biden “a much worse threat to democracy” than Trump, citing the Biden White House’s involvement in a US supreme court case focused on social media.

A noted anti-vaxxer who has peddled conspiracy theories, Kennedy currently faces an uphill task to get on enough state ballots, though on Monday his campaign said his name would appear on the ballot in the crucial state of North Carolina.

Both the Republican and Democratic parties have increasingly seen Kennedy as a threat in the November election over fears that he could siphon off enough votes to swing the election. It remains unclear whose support base Kennedy might tap into. Historically a Democrat with a strong environmental record, Kennedy has drifted rightwards on various issues and his anti-vaccine views could attract Trump supporters.

Kennedy’s remarks in an interview on CNN on Monday centered on the pending supreme court case Murthy v Missouri, which tests the limits of how much the government can pressure social media companies to remove content.

The case comes out of efforts by the Biden administration to push social media platforms to take down false posts about the Covid-19 pandemic and the 2020 presidential election that Biden one and which Trump has consistently lied was stolen from him.

In oral arguments before the court last month, justices appeared skeptical of arguments in favor of limiting contacts between government officials and social media companies, a practice known as “jawboning” that some argue is tantamount to censorship.

Kennedy told CNN that Biden “has used the federal agencies to censor political speech”.

“I can make the argument that President Biden is the much worse threat to democracy, and the reason for that is President Biden is the first candidate in history, the first president in history, that has used the federal agencies to censor political speech … to censor his opponent,” Kennedy told the outlet...................

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/02/robert-f-kennedy-jr-cnn-interview-biden-trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
ARE YOU LISTENING, @roamer_1 ??  DO YOU GET IT??  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

I think this is a consideration for those on either side of the aisle.  He has a money machine as his VP and will likely be able to get onto the ballot in all 50 states.  He will then become a viable candidate and give the disgruntled voters on both sides another option. Certainly better than Biden for the DEMS and those that hate Trump a possible alternative.

The question is though, which sides will he take more votes away from?  IMO the DEMS.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Nope. Same damn thing. Your big government is the same big government as their big government, @DCPatriot

Online libertybele

Here are the polling numbers (for what their worth):

Biden vs. Trump vs. RFK Jr. polls
Trump has a 2.3% lead based on 106 polls.

Apr 2, 2024

Trump
41.5%

Biden
39.2%

Kennedy
9.5%

Trump has a slight lead, but more interesting is that Kennedy is polling at nearly 10%. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4568220-biden-trump-kennedy-polling/

Online LMAO

Democracy is another one of those words that’s being loosely tossed around without any definition of what it means

Both men believe in growing the size of the federal government. The Biden administration does abuse their  opposition, but Trump is also promising retribution against those who “wronged” him. Trump is also open to censorship , especially to media outlets that he feels are “unfair” to him

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Democratic Party wants to 'silence' RFK Jr.: Bo Snerdley | Morning in America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6EykxU3ds

Online DCPatriot

Nope. Same damn thing. Your big government is the same big government as their big government, @DCPatriot

Comment deleted. Please refrain from personal attacks.
--Mod2
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:48:56 pm by Mod2 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I agree with RFK Jr. I'd vote for him.

Online kevindavis007

Said the moron who would love to do Climate lockdowns
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Comment deleted for violation of forum rules. Mod2
Why so angry? If it upsets you so much why keep engaging? Neither one of you will ever change the mind of the other... :pondering: Dang, I need to follow my own advice :beer:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:49:38 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I agree with RFK Jr. on this one limited point.

Online libertybele

I agree with RFK Jr. on this one limited point.

I do as well and I agree with him on some other issues, but that definitely isn't enough to make me vote for him.  He's better than Biden, yes, but that's not saying a whole lot. Biden is the WORST and MOST DESTRUCTIVE president we've ever had.

Online DCPatriot

Why so angry? If it upsets you so much why keep engaging? Neither one of you will ever change the mind of the other... :pondering: Dang, I need to follow my own advice :beer:

He's way too intelligent to not know he's doing it all for a reaction.  It infuriates me.  He is nothing but a troll.

Online roamer_1

He's way too intelligent to not know he's doing it all for a reaction.  It infuriates me.  He is nothing but a troll.

Be infuriated. I am speaking my mind, and have every right to do so...

Your government IS their government. It's the same damn government.
The BEST guard against Democrat power is to take that power away from the federal government
WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG.

Y'all think you can run that big badass government better than they can.
You can't.
As proven.

STOP trying to lever big government into the Right, or there is no stopping it thereafter.
Defend Conservatism on the right, or there will be no one to rise to battle this overweening federal monstrosity.

Online libertybele

Be infuriated. I am speaking my mind, and have every right to do so...

Your government IS their government. It's the same damn government.
The BEST guard against Democrat power is to take that power away from the federal government
WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG.

Y'all think you can run that big badass government better than they can.
You can't.
As proven.

STOP trying to lever big government into the Right, or there is no stopping it thereafter.
Defend Conservatism on the right, or there will be no one to rise to battle this overweening federal monstrosity.

The power of the government needs to be returned to the States and ultimately the people.  Gov't is of the mindset that they need to control every aspect of our lives and thus we our losing our freedoms.

Online roamer_1

The power of the government needs to be returned to the States and ultimately the people.  Gov't is of the mindset that they need to control every aspect of our lives and thus we our losing our freedoms.

That is absolutely correct.

And the Right has to be dissatisfied with paltry success. That this guy gets another whack at it after record spending, record debt, and the damage to liberty that occurred on his watch is a travesty.

*YOU GOT NOTHIN, DAMMIT*
That should piss you off!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If ol' white joe insists on running again, and if he experiences MORE "decline" as the election approaches, watch for a lot of DCommunist voters to take a more serious look at Bobby Jr. ...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don’t think so, roamer has been consistent and unchanged in his views as long As I have been here…just as you have.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Said the moron who would love to do Climate lockdowns

Right, which is why I wouldn't vote for him, haha.

Online mountaineer

RFK Jr. Says Joe Biden Is NOT ‘In Possession of His Faculty.’

Kennedy’s son, Connor, who voluntarily enlisted to fight in Ukraine(!?!?!!), told him, “The government’s being run by anonymous men in lanyards.”

“You know, a bunch of guys who got their feet on the desk and saying, ‘Guess what? I’m president,’” @RobertKennedyJr
 continued.

https://twitter.com/VigilantFox/status/1776439214302691386
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

I get it.  This election is not a binomial choice.  There are other options out there besides the two main debt-loving liberals.

Yet some posters here keep pushing the same tired logical fallacies.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:31:30 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of trolling, here is the point where it started on this thread:

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,528610.msg2997114.html#msg2997114
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-