Author Topic: ‘This is Manson Stuff’: MSNBC’s Reid Calls Trump Supporters a ‘Cult’  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This is Manson Stuff’: MSNBC’s Reid Calls Trump Supporters a ‘Cult’

Pam Key 1 Apr 2024

MSNBC host Joy Reid said Monday on “The ReidOut” that former President Donald Trump is like the cult leader Charles Manson.

Reid said, “I was furiously texting my poor producers less than an hour before the show saying, wait a minute, as we’re talking about this, maybe we’re getting it wrong in a sense that, you know, I always say that the difference between religion and a cult is in religion your savior dies for you as Jesus did. In a cult, you’re asked to die for your savior. And what Donald Trump is doing, it’s equal parts the power of positive thinking which is the church to the extent it’s a church he grew up in, but it’s also kind of David Koresh. It’s kind of Jim Jones. Because those two men started by saying you need to come to Jesus. They started as Christian evangelizers. Eventually, their evangelism said I get to have your wife, I get to tell you to kill these federal agents that are outside. I’m asking you to pick up a machine gun and shoot them because I don’t want to go to jail. This is Manson stuff, where you stop saying worship God and you start saying I am God. I am God is what Trump is saying to his followers.”

She added, “Donald Trump is not God. He’s not Jesus. He’s just a politician who doesn’t want to go to prison, and he’s selling you crap sneakers to make you pay his legal bills when he’s supposedly a billionaire. It’s a scam, a cult. Wake up, people and stay woke.

Reid concluded, “He’s selling helter-skelter. It’s scary stuff.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/01/this-is-manson-stuff-msnbcs-reid-calls-trump-supporters-a-cult/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Stay woke Joy!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online andy58-in-nh

Trump is appealing to NORMAL Americans.

THIS is a cult:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

If she hates Trump so much, why does she copy his hairstyle?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Which is like Stalin calling Hitler a tyrant and a psychopath.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Of course Joyless had no problem with the Cult of Obama :silly: