Author Topic: Migrants in Iowa wonder whether to leave over a bill that could see some arrested and deported  (Read 272 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants in Iowa wonder whether to leave over a bill that could see some arrested and deported
by: HANNAH FINGERHUT, Associated Press

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 / 11:59 AM CDT

Updated: Apr 1, 2024 / 11:59 AM CDT

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A bill in Iowa that would allow the state to arrest and deport some migrants is stoking anxiety among immigrant communities, leaving some to wonder: “Should I leave Iowa?”

The legislation, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Kim Reynolds, would make it a state crime for a person to be in Iowa if previously denied admission to or removed from the United States. It mirrors part of a Texas law is currently blocked in court.

Across Iowa, Latino and immigrant community groups are organizing informational meetings and materials to try to answer people’s questions. They’re also asking local and county law enforcement agencies for official statements, as well as face-to-face meetings.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/migrants-in-iowa-wonder-whether-to-leave-over-a-bill-that-could-see-some-arrested-and-deported/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In other words, illegals aren't interested in being where laws are enforced. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Blame Tyson for this action.  Fire legals to import 13K illegals to pluck chickens and this is the karma you get.  .
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And it will be enforced.
The Republic is lost.