Author Topic: Study Links 'Woke Attitudes' to Anxiety, Depression, Unhappiness  (Read 549 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study Links 'Woke Attitudes' to Anxiety, Depression, Unhappiness
Story by Daniel Walker • 1w
Health Topics mentioned in this article

Journal of Psychology
© Source: via Pixabay
A large Finnish study found correlations between embracing social justice attitudes and increased anxiety, depression and unhappiness.

The study was published in the Scandinavian Journal of Psychology and it has sparked widespread debate and introspection, as it suggests a correlation between 'woke' attitudes and heightened levels of anxiety, depression, and a lack of happiness.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/study-links-woke-attitudes-to-anxiety-depression-unhappiness/ss-BB1ki0kk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=beef3102c2334c8ae57398809f7debdb&ei=7#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

Re: Study Links 'Woke Attitudes' to Anxiety, Depression, Unhappiness
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 12:46:43 pm »
Social justice issues gives its warriors a cause to rally around.

I have a relative who on her Facebook page has a banner that says,”End White Silence.” What the hell does that even mean?

And they don’t care whether or not their cause is destructive. As long as it makes them feel good. Most people think the idea of defunding police in high crime areas is a destructive idea. Social justice wires do not.

What they want is for people to see how wonderful and socially conscience they are. This also applies to climate activist.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:54:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 10:19:36 pm »
I have a relative who on her Facebook page has a banner that says,”End White Silence.”

I'll guess she's a leftie.

But when you stop to consider, that's kind of a double entendre.
"Silence"... about what...?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 11:22:00 pm »
You mean people i.e. wokesters who are forever trying (and mostly failing) to change the world are unhappier than most other people? Well you can knock me down with a feather.
There was a woman who used to write guest editorials for the local rag who was an arch-radical feminist. Everything she wrote was about some heinous thing done to some woman or women by some evil man or men.
The accompanying photo of the guest writer showed a person with a grim, unsmiling mug.
I worked with a person at my last place of employment who knew her from high school. He said her attitude in high school was exactly like what her photo might indicate. A very unhappy, argumentative person who was dedicated to being miserable.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 11:24:24 pm »
You mean people i.e. wokesters who are forever trying (and mostly failing) to change the world are unhappier than most other people? Well you can knock me down with a feather.
There was a woman who used to write guest editorials for the local rag who was an arch-radical feminist. Everything she wrote was about some heinous thing done to some woman or women by some evil man or men.
The accompanying photo of the guest writer showed a person with a grim, unsmiling mug.
I worked with a person at my last place of employment who knew her from high school. He said her attitude in high school was exactly like what her photo might indicate. A very unhappy, argumentative person who was dedicated to being miserable.

There are people who are happy being miserable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 11:25:34 pm »

But when you stop to consider, that's kind of a double entendre.
"Silence"... about what...?

My wife and I haven’t figured out yet.

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 11:31:25 pm »
Wow.

Unhappy people gravitate toward ideologies that justify and maginfy their unhappiness. Film at 11.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 11:32:52 pm »

I have a relative who on her Facebook page has a banner that says,”End White Silence.” What the hell does that even mean?

And they don’t care whether or not their cause is destructive. As long as it makes them feel good. Most people think the idea of defunding police in high crime areas is a destructive idea. Social justice wires do not.

What they want is for people to see how wonderful and socially conscience they are. This also applies to climate activist.
It is a manipulation tactic. The default classification of anyone who has not expressly affirmed their claims as automatically being against them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2024, 06:20:07 pm »

End white silence? This person should have my two teenage granddaughters over for a week like the wife and I just had. They'd pray for some white silence after hearing those two bicker for a week.