Author Topic: Trump Media shares plunge after company reports $58 million loss in 2023  (Read 416 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump Media shares plunge after company reports $58 million loss in 2023
by Sylvan Lane - 04/01/24 1:24 PM ET

Former President Trump’s social media company plunged in the stock market after reporting a $58 million annual loss in Monday regulatory filings.

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group, the parent company of Trump’s Truth Social platform, were down roughly 24 percent shortly after 1 p.m. EDT. The price of a share was down to about $47.

Trump Media merged with “blank check” company Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) in March, allowing Trump’s social media company to become publicly traded. DWAC shares closed at just less than $50 the day before the newly combined company hit the stock market.

The nosedive in Trump Media shares came after the company reported a loss of $58 million last year in Monday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Trump Media made $4.1 million in revenue in 2023 — and roughly $750,000 in the fourth quarter of 2023 — compared to $16 million spent on operating expenses and $39.4 million on interest expenses, according to the filing.

more
https://thehill.com/business/4567808-trump-media-shares-plunge-after-company-reports-58-million-loss-in-2023/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think we all knew this was a pig in a poke from the get go.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

I think we all knew this was a pig in a poke from the get go.

Well, when you look at his record with things like Trump Steaks, wine, university, etc ect, was there any reason to believe that this would be different?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shares of Trump Media Jump After Company Says It is Flush $200 Million in Cash and No Debt,

John Carney2 Apr 20243
3:04

Trump Media shares jumped higher on Tuesday after the company said it has no debt and over $200 million of cash on hand.

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group, trading under the ticker DJT, rose by around 7 percent Tuesday, partly reversing the 21 percent decline on Monday. Year-to-date, shares are up 198 percent.

“We are excited to be operating as a public company and to have secured access to capital markets. Closing out the 2023 financials related to the merger, Truth Social today has no debt and over $200 million in the bank, opening numerous possibilities for expanding and enhancing our platform. We intend to take full advantage of these opportunities to make Truth Social the quintessential free-speech platform for the American people,” chief executive Devin Nunes said.

Investors were also likely reassured that Donald Trump posted a $175 million bond in a civil fraud case without selling or pledging his shares. Trump has a nearly 60 percent stake in the parent of Truth Social. The bond allows Trump to appeal the civil verdict against him and will prevent New York state officials from seizing his assets to satisfy the judgment.

While the $7 billion market capitalization of TMTG has raised eyebrows among some investors and Trump critics, there is a long history of nascent technology startups with high valuations even as they were losing money. Facebook purchased Instagram for $1 billion of cash and shares before the company had any revenue.

In connection with its SPAC merger, the company eliminated around $50 million in convertible notes that had been issued to fund its operations since Truth Social was launched in 2021. This leaves the company free of debt and with $200 million of cash, the company said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/04/02/trump-media-shares-jump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.