Author Topic: Former Army base warns of grenades on local trails  (Read 296 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former Army base warns of grenades on local trails
« on: April 01, 2024, 05:20:13 pm »
Former Army base warns of grenades on local trails
Using unauthorized trails at Fort Ord “exposes visitors to unexploded ordnance hazards."

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED MAR 31, 2024 12:39 PM EDT

The Army and the Bureau of Land Management are urging visitors to the Fort Ord National Monument in central California to please stick to only official hiking trails in the park. Going off those paths puts hikers at risk of running into the many unexploded munitions on the former Army installation, ranging from grenades to artillery rounds and bombs.

The warning, shared by the Bureau of Land Management this past week, came after the Army discovered several unofficial and unauthorized trails throughout the Army-base-turned-national monument. The U.S. Army, which is overseeing an ongoing cleanup of the space following decades of munitions training, found a series of unauthorized trails and jumps near Barloy Canyon Road.

“Unauthorized trail building and use of unsigned paths at the Fort Ord National Monument is dangerous,” Eric Morgan, the manager of Fort Ord National Monument Manager Eric Morgan, said in the BLM statement.. “Creating illegal routes exposes visitors to unexploded ordnance hazards, destroys endangered plants and wildlife habitat, and is costly to remedy.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/fort-ord-grenades-trails
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Former Army base warns of grenades on local trails
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 05:21:09 pm »
Is the warning for Americans or illegal "newcomers?" :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 06:24:21 pm »
Maybe Inside Trail Racing should add a warning to https://insidetrail.com/calendar/fort-ord-trail-run/ to the effect that going off-course could be dangerous.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 07:54:53 pm »
I seriously doubt this.

The army is pretty damn serious about getting people to sign for items like grenades and DAMN serious about getting as many back as they issued at the end of the day.

Of course they won't get the grenades back from a grenade range (duhhhhh!),but they do get the pins,and the number of grenade pins and live grenades had better match the number of grenades issued.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:29:32 pm »
I seriously doubt this.

The army is pretty damn serious about getting people to sign for items like grenades and DAMN serious about getting as many back as they issued at the end of the day.

Of course they won't get the grenades back from a grenade range (duhhhhh!),but they do get the pins,and the number of grenade pins and live grenades had better match the number of grenades issued.
Maybe leftovers from someone's unofficial grow area...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis