Author Topic: US Submarine First In World Fitted With Silent Caterpillar Drive  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Submarine First In World Fitted With Silent Caterpillar Drive

Military Defense News
5.09K subscribers

Apr 1, 2024
American submarines will further extend their advantage in the undersea domain. In the first of a kind, the U.S. Navy has fitted a new form of propulsion, magnetohydrodynamic drive (MHD), to a Virginia class submarine. This promises to make the submarine virtually undetectable, the holy grail of naval warfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4mKtmVRY60
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: US Submarine First In World Fitted With Silent Caterpillar Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 05:03:38 pm »
@rangerrebew

Happy April Fools Day!!

"I would like to have seen Montana..."  :silly:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 05:14:11 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: US Submarine First In World Fitted With Silent Caterpillar Drive
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 05:09:47 pm »
Under the water it sounds like whales humping or something, Sea Man Beaumont.
The Republic is lost.