Author Topic: Army mulls introducing robot platoon into armored brigades  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army mulls introducing robot platoon into armored brigades
« on: April 01, 2024, 04:47:11 pm »
Army mulls introducing robot platoon into armored brigades
The platoons would be able to use a variety of drones, and swap out components as needed for missions.
SAM SKOVE | MARCH 27, 2024

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama—The Army may introduce a drone and robotics platoon into its armored brigade combat teams, an Army leader announced Tuesday at the AUSA Global Force conference.

A proposal to stand up the new type of platoon has been sent to the Combined Arms Center at Fort Leavenworth, for eventual inclusion in an update to the service’s force design, said Brig. Gen. Geoffrey Norman, director of the Next Generation Combat Vehicle Cross Functional Team.

“Those force design updates are working their way through the system now,” he said. The platoons would be known as robotic and autonomous systems, or “RAS,” platoons.

Officials aren’t sure yet how many such platoons an armored brigade combat team should have, but they are experimenting now, Norman said.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2024/03/army-mulls-introducing-robot-platoon-armored-brigades/395254/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army mulls introducing robot platoon into armored brigades
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 04:48:34 pm »
If the maintenance on the robots is anything like the maintenance on everything else, they won't be worth a d*mn anyway. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson