Author Topic: Chinese criminals are scamming Americans by pretending to be US Veterans  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese criminals are scamming Americans by pretending to be US Veterans
March 22, 2024

Source: TikTok
By Michael Swaney

Most people who purchase something that says it is “Made in America” would assume it is, but in this day in age, most consumers know very little about what is being sold over the internet.

Whether it is the thousands of inferior Chinese-made knock-off items being sold through Amazon, the so-called “24-hour Ray Ban sales” or, in this recently discovered case, “Veteran crafted” products being sold by websites that advertise on US-based social media platforms.

I almost fell victim to this scam, which is clearly targeting patriots and veterans, like myself, when I received an advertisement that featured a video of a “Veteran” named “James Anderson” crafting a wood-carved American flag.

“I’m a veteran who lost my job due to economic downturn,” the caption on the video reads. “Now I make a living making some handmade woodcrafts in my own workshop.”

https://popularmilitary.com/chinese-criminals-are-scamming-americans-by-pretending-to-be-us-veterans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson