Author Topic: Michigan Senate Candidate to Newsmax: Migrant Crime Making State Competitive  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Michigan Senate Candidate to Newsmax: Migrant Crime Making State Competitive
By Nicole Wells    |   Monday, 01 April 2024 10:54 AM EDT

Michigan Senate candidate and former Rep. Mike Rogers told Newsmax on Monday that the state "is going to be very competitive in November" partly due to the issue of rising crime from migrants who are in the United States illegally.

"There is no Southern border anymore," Rogers said during an appearance on "Wake Up America." "These criminal elements are coming into places like Michigan and wreaking havoc in our local communities."

The "tragic story" of Ruby Garcia, 25, who was allegedly killed by an illegal migrant in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as well as the assault of a 14-year-old in Livingston County, Michigan, has brought the "big problems" of the southern border crisis "right to our doorstep," he said.

Garcia's accused killer "was deported" and had "a whole host of other criminal contacts with law enforcement," before he came back across the border as a got-away, "worked his way back up into Michigan and took the life of this young woman, who had her whole life ahead of her," Rogers said.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/michigan-mike-rogers-migrants/2024/04/01/id/1159354/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson