Author Topic: Boston plan to house migrants at former veterans’ shelter is slammed as ‘disgusting’  (Read 230 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston plan to house migrants at former veterans’ shelter is slammed as ‘disgusting’
By Social Links forMelissa Koenig
Published April 1, 2024, 10:51 a.m. ET

A plan to turn a former Boston-area veterans’ home into a shelter for hundreds of migrants has been slammed as “disgusting” by local residents, who say Massachusetts’ services should instead go to the nation’s heroes.

Democratic Gov. Maura Healey announced last week she would convert the historic Chelsea Soldiers’ Home — which was vacant and scheduled for demolition — into a site for 100 migrant families and pregnant women, the Boston Herald reports.

But the proposal comes as veterans continue to face homelessness in the state, with 545 vets experiencing homelessness on a single night in 2023, according to US Housing and Urban Development data.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/us-news/boston-plan-to-house-migrants-at-former-veterans-shelter-slammed-as-disgusting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

The Great Resistance
@ResistanceGreat
In the latest stab in the back to Americans. Democrat Gov Healy of Boston is planning to reopen a former shelter for veterans.
Only this time it will be exclusively available to illegals. This as hundreds of veterans still face homelessness in the state.
Truly shameful.
12:30 PM · Apr 1, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org