Author Topic: A GOP Landslide in November  (Read 7810 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: A GOP Landslide in November
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2024, 12:25:00 pm »
Trump has cast quite a spell over his ardent fans. I’ve seen posts were they believe that they share the same political bloodline as the minutemen…..lol. But their general, after promising to march with them on the Capitol, fled and has left many of them to linger in jail

Despite their delusions of self-importance, the only thing they’re doing this November is simply voting to keep Biden  from getting a second term. That’s it. Because Trump really has no plans to fix many of these issues facing us beyond a few sound bites that he believes his supporters want to hear

@LMAO

And all you "ah hates rich mans" cretins are doing in helping Biden get re-elected,so quit trying to shovel your "holier than thou" feces down any throats other than your own.

The FACT is your hatred and class envy of Trump and his wealth is so strong you would rather see America destroyed than see him in the WH.

So don't even try to pretend to be anything  other than what you are,which is "Good little  Comrades of the Left".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:27:07 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2024, 12:28:27 pm »
@LMAO

And all you "ah hates rich mans" cretins are doing in helping Biden get re-elected,so quit trying to shovel your "holier than thou" feces down any throats other than your own.

The FACT is your hatred and class envy of Trump and his wealth is so strong you would rather see America destroyed than see him in the WH.

So don't even try to pretend to be anything  other than what you are,which is "Good little  Comrades of the Left".

See what unquestioning love for a candidate does to the human psyche

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:31:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2024, 12:29:23 pm »

See what love does to the human psyche

@LMAO

No,but I DO see what envy and hatred do.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2024, 12:32:18 pm »

@LMAO

No,but I DO see what envy and hatred do.

You have stated over and over again for the last several  months  how you believe Trump is our last chance to save America but you never really defined what that means

When you are asked to define what that means, you’re only response  is to attack that person

I’m an issues voter. Forget political terms like MAGA, progressive, or even conservative. I don’t have any emotional reaction to either one of these candidates.

Let’s take inflation, for example. Neither candidate has any realistic plan to deal with it. We already know Biden wants to spend even more which is not gonna relieve it. But so does Trump.

Trump also wants more and higher tariffs which would basically be another huge tax increase. You throw that on top of inflation, and you’re going to harm American businesses and consumers. Cutting regulations and taxes won’t offset that. So how is harming Americans saving the country?

If you disagree, feel free to outline why. I’m all eyes and ears.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:48:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2024, 12:38:24 pm »

You have stated over and over again for the last several  months  how you believe Trump is our last chance to save America but you never really defined what that means

When you are asked to define what that means, you’re only response  is to attack that person

@LMAO

The FACT that you can't figure that out goes a long ways towards explaining your "thought" processes.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2024, 12:39:37 pm »
@LMAO

The FACT that you can't figure that out goes a long ways towards explaining your "thought" processes.

See… You don’t even know what that means

Ping me when you can articulate what you mean better than just some snarky comebacks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:59:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2024, 01:02:56 pm »
Getting back to the issue of inflation, really the only way you’re going to fix that problem is deep cuts and spending and especially tightening up the money supply. Back in the late 70s and early 80s, we had to go through a couple of brutal recessions in order to achieve that. It hurt Jimmy Carter’s reelection chances and almost cost Reagan his  reelection had the election been held in 1982

But by around 1983 early 1984 the economy was vastly improving, and the situation was turning around for the better. But it took some bitter medicine to get there. Something that both Biden and Trump are unwilling to do.

You can’t have debt to GDP ratios over 100% without at some point consequences of doing such showing up in the economy

Neither of these candidates have any realistic solutions to the long-term problems facing us
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 01:28:24 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2024, 01:35:49 pm »
@LMAO

I sure it means different things to different people, so the real question is what you mean when you use that phrase.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2024, 01:40:14 pm »
I sure it means different things to different people, so the real question is what you mean when you use that phrase.

I’ve asked that question of him several times, and the most I get are one liners like “we won’t be a cog in the globalist machine.”

The left also believes that reelecting Biden will save America. So the idea of a candidate saving America is highly subjective.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 01:56:17 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2024, 01:45:27 pm »
I'm almost 50, and probably far on the younger side here, but in my lifetime every election has been "our last chance" or something like that. It's been around for a while as a thought. It's nothing new.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2024, 01:52:36 pm »
I'm not mocking the concept of "conservatism" @catfish1957   I'm pointing out what so many have turned it into --- a hackneyed, catch-all phrase that few, if any, can even define.

No... that YOU can't define... or redefine, though you've tried.

The rest of us have no such problem.

My priority is America and returning to the common sense that makes it great.

Where so-called 'common sense' can mean literally anything at all, because it is tied to no principle thing whatsoever to provide definition.

I'm not the one afraid to admit Trump governed as the most conservative President in my lifetime [...]

Only by the butchered definition you have defined in your mind. By the very real definition, not even close. In fact, he stands yet as far from conservatism as any Democrat, so far, and right up there with the most damaging force AGAINST Conservatism that there is - On the record. Indefensible.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2024, 02:16:08 pm »
Riddle me this.

How does helping Joe Biden get re-elected become conservative in any shape for or manner?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2024, 02:22:36 pm »
Riddle me this.

How does helping Joe Biden get re-elected become conservative in any shape for or manner?

That is best answered with another riddle:

What is left of America when you have sacrificed everything to save her?
Who is left to defend her when liberalism has infected both her political parties?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2024, 02:50:13 pm »
That is best answered with another riddle:

What is left of America when you have sacrificed everything to save her?
Who is left to defend her when liberalism has infected both her political parties?

I asked a very simple question @roamer_1

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2024, 02:56:08 pm »

I asked a very simple question @roamer_1

And so I answered.

The very soul of Conservatism is small government. It's very root. I will not lend my endorsement to its antithesis.

If that is where we are, all is already lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2024, 03:03:22 pm »
Riddle me this.

It is unfortunate that we have two liberals as nominees; one is just far more to the left of center than the other.

At the end of the day, both will be destructive to this country, one will just be more destructive at a faster pace.

Heck of a choice.  Unless something drastically changes my choice is to still vote down ballot.

This reminds me of the race between McCain and Obama -- both were destructive to this country.  The outcome would have been the same.  I couldn't bring myself to vote for McCain so I voted 3rd party.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2024, 03:35:23 pm »
It is unfortunate that we have two liberals as nominees; one is just far more to the left of center than the other.

At the end of the day, both will be destructive to this country, one will just be more destructive at a faster pace.

Heck of a choice.  Unless something drastically changes my choice is to still vote down ballot.

This reminds me of the race between McCain and Obama -- both were destructive to this country.  The outcome would have been the same.  I couldn't bring myself to vote for McCain so I voted 3rd party.

More than that, the choice on the right... I care far less about this election than I do about what will be deemed acceptable on the Right because of it.

Our choice seems to follow either the Moderate RINOs or the MAGA RINOs.
I will choose neither.

Reagan's Coalition means nothing if we endorse either one.
Nope.
Sometimes you have to draw a hard line and let the chips fall.
Flat nope.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2024, 03:57:31 pm »

Rephrasing my question, how does helping the worst of the pair advance conservativism?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2024, 04:02:39 pm »
And so I answered.

The very soul of Conservatism is small government. It's very root. I will not lend my endorsement to its antithesis.

If that is where we are, all is already lost.

NO! You did not answer the question! You twisted yourself into a to avoid doing so.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2024, 04:10:04 pm »
Rephrasing my question, how does helping the worst of the pair advance conservativism?

As for me, I'll help neither one.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2024, 04:10:43 pm »
NO! You did not answer the question! You twisted yourself into a to avoid doing so.

No, I did not.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2024, 04:13:48 pm »

It doesn't and neither does voting for either one of them.

The only chance at advancing conservatism are with those conservatives in the House and Senate and those at the state and local levels.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2024, 04:18:19 pm »
It doesn't

Thank you! That is the ONLY correct answer to the question I posed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2024, 04:22:04 pm »
More than that, the choice on the right... I care far less about this election than I do about what will be deemed acceptable on the Right because of it.

Our choice seems to follow either the Moderate RINOs or the MAGA RINOs.
I will choose neither.

Reagan's Coalition means nothing if we endorse either one.
Nope.
Sometimes you have to draw a hard line and let the chips fall.
Flat nope.

Reagan's coalition has been dead since '88.  Why do you think it has any relevance today?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2024, 04:26:45 pm »
Thank you! That is the ONLY correct answer to the question I posed!

I don't view a non-vote for Trump and voting down ballot as advancing Biden. I have struggled with my decision but voting down ballot is the only way for me to vote my conscience.