Author Topic: A GOP Landslide in November  (Read 8279 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: A GOP Landslide in November
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2024, 04:26:52 pm »
Reagan's coalition has been dead since '88.  Why do you think it has any relevance today?

Then y'all hold no interest for me.
My reason for political activism is the Conservative Coalition.
That's what we agreed to in supporting Republicans, and that is all I will honor.
Go where you will. But I won't go with you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2024, 04:31:16 pm »
No... that YOU can't define... or redefine, though you've tried.

The rest of us have no such problem.

Great.  Then you should have no problem defining the full conservative position.  How would a "true conservative"  handle these issues (specifics would be helpful) ----

1. American sovereignty vs. illegal immigration,
2. The erasure of American individual freedoms by overbearing Federal, state and local governments,
3. Encroaching globalism and its suffocation of personal self-determination and market independence,
4. Equity vs. equality,
5. Military spending, training and qualifications,
6. Energy independence,
7. The preservation of the American legacy and inheritance, including in the government, education curriculum and the courts.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 04:32:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2024, 04:32:31 pm »
I don't view a non-vote for Trump and voting down ballot as advancing Biden.
I find that illogical since one of them is going to be elected president and a non vote for Trump makes it easier fo Biden to win.

I have struggled with my decision but voting down ballot is the only way for me to vote my conscience.

I suggest that you struggle some more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2024, 04:35:23 pm »
Great.  Then you should have no problem defining the full conservative position.  How would a "true conservative"  handle these issues (specifics would be helpful) ----

2. The erasure of American individual freedoms by overbearing Federal, state and local governments,
3. Encroaching globalism and its suffocation of personal self-determination and market independence,
4. Equity vs. equality,
6. Energy independence,
7. The preservation of the American legacy and inheritance, including in the government, education curriculum and the courts.

I already have. to you. more than once. and all of the above is best fixed with small government and the defense of libertarian ideals.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2024, 04:36:21 pm »
That's what we agreed to in supporting Republicans, and that is all I will honor.

My interest is in retaining what remains of my God given liberties for as long as possible while living to fight another day.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2024, 04:37:22 pm »
I find that illogical since one of them is going to be elected president and a non vote for Trump makes it easier fo Biden to win.

So what, if there is no appreciable difference?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2024, 04:40:00 pm »
My interest is in retaining what remains of my God given liberties for as long as possible while living to fight another day.

And how exactly is that achieved by weakening their defense on the Right?
Do you think the left will defend them instead?

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2024, 04:40:12 pm »
I already have. to you. more than once. and all of the above is best fixed with small government and the defense of libertarian ideals.

Specifics, please.  The electorate demands specifics.  You're now at the point where your rubber meets the road.  Give it a shot.

How would a "true conservative"  handle these issues ---

4. Equity vs. equality,
6. Energy independence,

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2024, 05:02:33 pm »

The Conservative Coalition died in the Republican Revolution ('94) . Is that your definition now of "Conservative Coalition"?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2024, 05:12:34 pm »
So what, if there is no appreciable difference?

The fact that YOU cannot see any differences dosen't mean there are none! I personally see several starting with the kinds of people each would nominate to fill various court vacancies.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2024, 05:15:19 pm »
And how exactly is that achieved by weakening their defense on the Right?
Do you think the left will defend them instead?

They would be less weakened under Trump than under Biden. Very specifically!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2024, 05:19:34 pm »
Specifics, please.  The electorate demands specifics.  You're now at the point where your rubber meets the road.  Give it a shot.

4. Equity vs. equality,
6. Energy independence,

Those are very thought-provoking questions requiring equally well thought out answers @Right_in_Virginia but NO ONE here has the time nor inclination to discuss any of them seriously.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2024, 05:31:41 pm »
From my personal POV, the overwhelming bedrock of conservatism is fiscal restraint.  Biden and Trump both fail miserably there.

Until we deal with that, both candidates can KMA.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2024, 05:38:32 pm »
It is unfortunate that we have two liberals as nominees; one is just far more to the left of center than the other.

At the end of the day, both will be destructive to this country

Are you sure about this?   @libertybele

Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier

In case you didn’t know,

The Biden Administration flew about 90% of illegal immigrants detained at crossing to Florida and Texas via a secret flight program.

21,964 to Houston and 326,000 to Miami

Do you see what they’re doing?

1:05 PM · Apr 2, 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2024, 05:49:39 pm »
Here is my response to question one asked by @Right_in_Virginia above:

How would a "true conservative” handle these issues?

1.   American sovereignty vs. illegal immigration.

A true conservative would:

a.   Shut down both borders and keep them so until we have a good handle as to who is here illegally and have the vast majority of them removed.

b.   Press for laws that would actually prevent them coming here in the future.

c.   Protect our land and water from foreign ownership

d.   Press for laws that ENHANCE rather than degrade our ability to produce things here at home rather than purchasing them elsewhere.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 05:53:46 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2024, 05:55:12 pm »
Those are very thought-provoking questions requiring equally well thought out answers @Right_in_Virginia but NO ONE here has the time nor inclination to discuss any of them seriously.

I've tried for years to get us to really discuss how to govern as Republicans/Conservatives ---- Yes, I've asked a lot of one person to answer --- but fair answers will help prove that while Trump doesn't always wear the conservative label, he has governed as one -- and will again.

My fear @Bigun is that this "no difference" mantra is helping to doom this nation.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2024, 06:03:24 pm »
I've tried for years to get us to really discuss how to govern as Republicans/Conservatives ---- Yes, I've asked a lot of one person to answer --- but fair answers will help prove that while Trump doesn't always wear the conservative label, he has governed as one -- and will again.

No one here has tried harder to introduce discussion of issues on this forum than I have @Right_in_Virginia and had very little success.

My fear @Bigun is that this "no difference" mantra is helping to doom this nation.

No doubt about it if you ask me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2024, 06:03:29 pm »
The Conservative Coalition died in the Republican Revolution ('94) . Is that your definition now of "Conservative Coalition"?

No it did not,
The 94 Congress was a revival of the same precepts defined in Goldwater and Reagan. As was the Tea Party. Nothing has changed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2024, 06:06:00 pm »

4. Equity vs. equality,
6. Energy independence,

Very well... I will answer yet again. But not till I am back on my laptop.

Online LMAO

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2024, 06:06:37 pm »
From my personal POV, the overwhelming bedrock of conservatism is fiscal restraint.  Biden and Trump both fail miserably there.

pointing-up

This

We are facing  near 2 trillion dollar deficits and printing more and more money to fund the federal government. The federal government has become larger and more powerful as a result

Has this coincided with  average American's becoming more free and wealthier???

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:14:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2024, 06:07:37 pm »
No it did not,
The 94 Congress was a revival of the same precepts defined in Goldwater and Reagan. As was the Tea Party.

Yes! And all of it was promptly thrown under the bus

Nothing has changed.

8bs8

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2024, 06:08:08 pm »
The fact that YOU cannot see any differences dosen't mean there are none! I personally see several starting with the kinds of people each would nominate to fill various court vacancies.

There is none. on the record, there is little difference at all.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2024, 06:09:33 pm »
They would be less weakened under Trump than under Biden. Very specifically!

That is not true. Biden is not supposed to be governing from the Right, and makes no claim there.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:22:07 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2024, 06:10:45 pm »

I'd happily discuss all of them seriously.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2024, 06:12:32 pm »

Join that to libertarianism and I will agree.