Author Topic: A GOP Landslide in November  (Read 8434 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: A GOP Landslide in November
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2024, 06:14:02 pm »
I've tried for years to get us to really discuss how to govern as Republicans/Conservatives ---- Yes, I've asked a lot of one person to answer --- but fair answers will help prove that while Trump doesn't always wear the conservative label, he has governed as one -- and will again.

My fear @Bigun is that this "no difference" mantra is helping to doom this nation.

LOL!

No you have not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2024, 06:17:20 pm »
No one here has tried harder to introduce discussion of issues on this forum than I have @Right_in_Virginia and had very little success.

Oh, me too. As did all my philosophical fellows, most of whom have drifted off as the aggregation of news turned to Tump love instead if Conservatism.

No doubt about it if you ask me.

there is no difference.
Look at the record instead of the speechifying.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:19:38 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2024, 06:19:48 pm »
Are you sure about this?   @libertybele

I am well aware that illegals are being flown into FL -- they are being flown into different part of the U.S., strategically being placed so once amnesty is granted it will be impossible for any Republican to be seated. I've been saying this for quite some time.

It doesn't nullify the fact that Trump trounced on two very conservative candidate who could have changed things.

Trump failed at the very issue that he won the presidency on -- building a wall and stopping ILLEGAL immigration.  Where are we at now because of his failed policies?

He had a super majority for two years! He did nothing until the eleventh hour and the new Congress was to be seated, and he ignored Cruz several times to start acting on the border.

The GOP is in shambles -- we have a razor thin majority in the House; 2 Speakers have failed and the DEMS still are in control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2024, 06:21:21 pm »
Yes! And all of it was promptly thrown under the bus

8bs8

So throw it under the bus sommore?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2024, 06:21:53 pm »

there is no difference.

No matter how many times you repeat that, it will NEVER be true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2024, 06:24:18 pm »
So throw it under the bus sommore?

LOL! All of that was done LONG before Trump became a candidate for any elective office!

They aren't going to the mat to get rid of Trump because he is one of them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2024, 06:24:37 pm »
On trade, Trump's more aligned with Herbert Hoover

On the border, although better than Biden by far, is similar to Obama

On fiscal policy, is one of the worse. We will see how he compares to Biden should Biden win a second term.

On Monetary policy, Trump is aligned with AOC and Bernie Sanders

On crime, talks a big game, but is softer than Biden, or at least the 1990's version of Biden, on crime

All the above are backed up by Trump's records and statements
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:25:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2024, 06:24:47 pm »
No matter how many times you repeat that, it will NEVER be true.

It is absolutely true.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2024, 06:26:21 pm »
LOL! All of that was done LONG before Trump became a candidate for any elective office!

They aren't going to the mat to get rid of Trump because he is one of them.

LOL!

Is that what you see?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2024, 06:27:31 pm »
On trade, Trump's more aligned with Herbert Hoover

On the border, although better than Biden by far, is similar to Obama

On fiscal policy, is one of the worse. We will see how he compares to Biden should Biden win a second term.

On Monetary policy, Trump is aligned with AOC and Bernie Sanders

On crime, talks a big game, but is softer than Biden, or at least the 1990's version of Biden, on crime

All the above are backed up by Trump's records and statements

All of that is fair and true.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2024, 06:27:58 pm »
It is absolutely true.

No! It absolutely is not!

Now, for a change, answer the questions you have been asked on this thread instead of posturing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2024, 06:30:08 pm »
LOL!

Is that what you see?

:yowsa: That is EXACTLY what I see. Both sides aligned against Trump and have been from day one.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2024, 06:30:52 pm »
Has anyone made the claim that a Biden win advances conservatism???
Of course it doesn't. But the Trump win from 2016 has seemed to advance leftism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2024, 06:34:54 pm »
Has anyone made the claim that a Biden win advances conservatism???
Of course it doesn't. But the Trump win from 2016 has seemed to advance leftism

8bs8

BOTH sides of the swamp have been aligned against Trump from day one!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2024, 06:34:54 pm »
I've tried for years to get us to really discuss how to govern as Republicans/Conservatives ---- Yes, I've asked a lot of one person to answer --- but fair answers will help prove that while Trump doesn't always wear the conservative label, he has governed as one -- and will again.

My fear @Bigun is that this "no difference" mantra is helping to doom this nation.

Well, I wanted to start a thread in the forum a couple of years ago, entitled, ''where do we go from here' and the idea was shut down.

As far as discussing how to govern as Republican/Conservatives; our first remedy is at the ballot box, which I see as an impossibility due to the underhandedness of the DEMS.  The only other remedy is to run for office, either at the local or state office; or get involved at the precincts -  my health will not allow me to do so .Calling or writing our congressmen is the other option; those calls tend to fall on deaf ears unless there are enough calls to overload the switchboard.  That was accomplished during 'W's reign with the help of a group called 'Numbers USA'.   They don't have the impact anymore-- MAGA took hold.  Yes, I personally am bombard with requests for donations ... No Thank You!  Who knows where the money is going and if it is helping.

Hey we now have Lara Trump assisting with the RNC.  No worries right?   :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2024, 06:36:34 pm »
No! It absolutely is not!

Now, for a change, answer the questions you have been asked on this thread instead of posturing.

It is verifiably true, on the record. Tumpy is indefensible! Especially on Conservative ground.
As to answer, the only post I have not answered fully has been one post by RiV, which is too complicated to be answered pithily, and awaits my laptop, for a better method than these cursed thumbs.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2024, 06:37:47 pm »
8bs8

BOTH sides of the swamp have been aligned against Trump from day one!

Cute graphic

The problem is what I  said was true.

And what makes you believe they won't be aligned against him should he win again?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2024, 06:38:12 pm »
It is verifiably true, on the record. Tumpy is indefensible! Especially on Conservative ground.
As to answer, the only post I have not answered fully has been one post by RiV, which is too complicated to be answered pithily, and awaits my laptop, for a better method than these cursed thumbs.

*****rollingeyes*****

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2024, 06:40:26 pm »
:yowsa: That is EXACTLY what I see. Both sides aligned against Trump and have been from day one.

A wee suggestion... When the magician is showing you his right hand, look at what the left one is doing. Look at the record. Get the 'big show' out of your head, and look at the record.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2024, 06:41:55 pm »

The problem is what I  said was true.

No! It definitely is not true!

And what makes you believe they won't be aligned against him should he win again?

Nothing! Not a single thing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2024, 06:42:56 pm »
A wee suggestion... When the magician is showing you his right hand, look at what the left one is doing. Look at the record. Get the 'big show' out of your head, and look at the record.

**nononono*

The RECORD is what turned me from a person who refused to vote for Trump in 2016 to someone who would have crawled over a mile of broken glass to vote for him in 2020 and 2024.

The enemy of my enemy (the swamp) is my friend!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:52:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2024, 08:09:58 pm »
Specifics, please.  The electorate demands specifics.  You're now at the point where your rubber meets the road.  Give it a shot.

How would a "true conservative"  handle these issues ---

My belated reply:

1. American sovereignty vs. illegal immigration

Quintessentially a Constitutional imperative, Derived as such, of federal primacy in jurisdiction.
Obviously before the law: Repel all boarders. With prejudice. Anyone here illegally is here illegally, and should serve time and.or be deported. Those illegals are not participatory in the gurantees afforded by the Constitution, and likely should be governed by military code (or something like that, separated from guarantees, other than those provided to military combatants).

Every Conservative I know is *FOR* Duncan Hunter's fence. But only with the manpower to maintain and patrol it, or it will be of no effect.

2. The erasure of American individual freedoms by overbearing Federal, state and local governments

Constitutionally true wrt the Bill of Rights. But largely a state issue without it. Items not specifically defined in the Constitution are left to the state, and to the People, respectively. Federal oversight of these things merely makes the federal government MORE overbearing.

A smaller Federal government would have less power to wield over the states, and ultimately, that would be the answer in all things wrt federal imposition outside of Constitutional boundaries. Libertarianism.

3. Encroaching globalism and its suffocation of personal self-determination and market independence,

Largely none of our business, outside of the Constitution remaining the supreme law of the land. And internally, much left to the states respectively (within the instantiation of their governing constitutions). Again, a substantially weakened federal power is what will secure us against globalism. The libertarian design of our government has a purpose.

4. Equity vs. equality,

Boring. Obviously only a matter of merit - Equality in opportunity is in that necessitated - Outcomes are governed by merit, loss, and somewhat lady luck. As it should be.  The market would govern that, natively, and as defined by the state. No business of the federal government.

5.  Military spending, training and qualifications

Not my forte wrt training and qualification, and too broad a question to answer in a word or two. I would defer to the military structure, honor, and code... Except in that Rights under the Constitution remain above Military code, in my mind. Spending is also a wild card, depending on the moment.

I am *FOR* a mighty defense. But I am not for foreign wars as a rule. 'foreign entanglements', etc in either war or treaty, foreign policy generally.

6. Energy independence

Over-regulation removed, largely a matter for an open market. As such, energy independence should be encouraged - but that likely handled naturally with market forces.

7. The preservation of the American legacy and inheritance, including in the government, education curriculum and the courts.

Far too long to even comment upon - And largely again, a matter that federal government should not acquire. Dept of education has a role, but a minor one I'd suppose, somewhat like weights and measures - Qualifying what a thing is wrt education, so that things that appear the same can be qualified as such. In that, a more rudimentary federal system to knit together state-run curricula into a form cohesive across the collegiate map

But largely, left to the states... To include admissions and grants - The federal government should be specifically prohibited.

'The courts' is a different topic altogether.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2024, 08:18:31 pm »
Oh, me too. As did all my philosophical fellows, most of whom have drifted off as the aggregation of news turned to Tump love instead if Conservatism.

there is no difference.

:amen:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2024, 08:20:03 pm »
**nononono*

The RECORD is what turned me from a person who refused to vote for Trump in 2016 to someone who would have crawled over a mile of broken glass to vote for him in 2020 and 2024.

The enemy of my enemy (the swamp) is my friend!

Yet the swamp, as you put it, GREW under Tumpy.
That's the record.

I think you're taken in by the 'big show'. That's why I don't listen to a damn thing any of them say. I won't get sucked into the soapy opera abyss.

I look at the record alone. And in that, discounting EOs and judges, for different reasons. I look at what actually changes. Not what's promised from the stump, or what vacillates briefly for a term or two.

What do we get to keep? That is what matters. The rest is bullcrap.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2024, 08:41:27 pm »
So what, if there is no appreciable difference?

You're nothing but a troll at this point in time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald