Author Topic: Florida transplants fleeing in droves over relentless heat, damaging hurricanes  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida transplants fleeing in droves over relentless heat, damaging hurricanes
Yaron Steinbuch

The grass is apparently not greener in Florida.

Thousands of Florida transplants who moved to the Sunshine State during the pandemic are packing up to move elsewhere, complaining of the relentless heat, damaging hurricanes and dangerous wildlife.

More than 700,000 people drawn by the promise of sunny weather, no income tax and lower costs moved to Florida in 2022 — including 90,000 from New York state, according to census data cited by NBC News.

Almost 500,000 people who moved to Florida in search of a better life have decided to move out after becoming disillusioned with the Sunshine State in 2022. Getty Images/iStockphoto

But nearly 500,000 gave up on Florida and left in 2022, according to NBC News, which interviewed several disillusioned transplants who decided to head back north.

One of them was New Yorker Louis Rotkowitz, who lasted two years in the state.

“Like every good New Yorker, this is where you want to go,” the physician told NBC News by phone while driving to his new home in Charlotte, North Carolina. “It’s a complete fallacy.”

Rotkowitz said he and his wife bought a home in the West Palm Beach area, where they decided to pursue a more relaxing, affordable life.

He landed a job as an emergency care doctor and his wife became a teacher.

But Rotkowitz soon realized they had made a mistake.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/us-news/floridian-transplants-fleeing-in-droves-over-relentless-heat-damaging-hurricanes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Rotkowitz is what North Carolinians call a halfback.  He didn’t have the chops to cut it up north, and then he could not deal with the heat or the sketchiness in southeast Florida.  So he washed up in the middle.  I guarantee you he will register as democrat and continue to be a boil on the butt of humanity. 

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Yeah, my friend loves living in FL.  But the only reason I’d go is DeSantis.

Never mind the heat (eh), hurricanes.  The swamp everywhere with alligators is enough to keep me away.  I don’t mind visiting but residing there, no thanks.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I read this the otherday.  I was smiling my ass off.

“Everyone is walking around with guns there,”
“I had been so disenchanted with Florida so quickly,”
“I didn’t expect it to be literally 100 degrees at night. It was incredibly difficult to make friends, and it was expensive, very expensive,”

Fun fact: 
It gets hot, really hot in Fl in the summer. Doh
The further north you go in FL the more Southern you get.
For every 2 people who move to FL one leaves.
Fl is full. Go Home.
Come for vacation, spend your money and then leave.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I read this the otherday.  I was smiling my ass off.

“Everyone is walking around with guns there,”
“I had been so disenchanted with Florida so quickly,”
“I didn’t expect it to be literally 100 degrees at night. It was incredibly difficult to make friends, and it was expensive, very expensive,”

Fun fact: 
It gets hot, really hot in Fl in the summer. Doh
The further north you go in FL the more Southern you get.
For every 2 people who move to FL one leaves.
Fl is full. Go Home.
Come for vacation, spend your money and then leave.

Agreed!  Come for a vacation, spend your money and leave!! 

If one cannot adapt to the Florida lifestyle, expenses, and heat, then get the heck out of here. 

These are the same a**holes that would vote DEM anyways even though they fled their state for a greener pasture. They won't be missed.  :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Agreed!  Come for a vacation, spend your money and leave!! 

If one cannot adapt to the Florida lifestyle, expenses, and heat, then get the heck out of here. 

These are the same a**holes that would vote DEM anyways even though they fled their state for a greener pasture. They won't be missed.  :seeya:

Exactly.  The one's leaving are the soft squishy liberals who think you find happiness (and a Cadillac) in the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.