Author Topic: Trump attacks resigning GOP Reps as ‘cowards and weaklings’ as majority thins  (Read 2697 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump attacks resigning GOP Reps as ‘cowards and weaklings’ as majority thins
by Nick Robertson - 03/31/24 5:57 PM ET

Former President Trump went after the flurry of GOP House members leaving their seats this year, throwing the already razor-thin Republican majority up in the air.

“Never forget our cowards and weaklings! Such a disgrace,” Trump said in a Truth Social post on Sunday in response to an article about outgoing Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.).

Trump’s Easter criticisms were aimed at Gallagher and former Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), who both chose to retire early from Congress, leaving their seats empty. Gallagher will resign from Congress in mid-April, leaving his seat open until next January, while Buck resigned last week to be replaced in June.

The openings, added to other vacancies in the House, bring the GOP majority down to just a single seat after Gallagher resigns, making the already difficult task of passing party-line votes that much harder. The situation has even led to some speculation that Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) could be named Speaker, with some Republicans in revolt against Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4566635-trump-attacks-resigning-gop-reps-as-cowards-and-weaklings-as-majority-thins/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 10:24:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

And division on the Right only continues.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, Congress people who betray their supporters and constituents by bailing when the tough gets going generally deserve every bit of the scorn they get heaped upon themselves.  I'm especially disappointed in Ken Buck, who turned out to be a total hypocrite, after promising to "Drain the swamp." 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republican-rep-ken-buck-leaving-congress-eroding-gop-majority-rcna143046

As for Gallagher, he's cashing in...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidjeans/2024/03/22/china-hawk-rep-mike-gallagher-is-taking-a-job-at-palantir/?sh=679474035148

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline berdie

Although I really don't care for Trump...he's not always wrong.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Although I really don't care for Trump...he's not always wrong.

Yup.  Bunch of quislings.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They may be both cowards and weaklings,but there is no doubt in my  mind whatsoever that their offshore savings accounts are MUCH "plumper" than they were a few months ago.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
888high58888

@libertybele

Yes,but MUCH  wealthier quislings than they were last month.

Or in plainer language,whores for rent to the highest bidders.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
They may be both cowards and weaklings,but there is no doubt in my  mind whatsoever that their offshore savings accounts are MUCH "plumper" than they were a few months ago.

And there is no doubt "in my mind" that you have nothing to even remotely prove your accusations. 

But you are showing left-wing tendencies in that you "just know" what is reality.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I really don't care why they leave.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who runs for office.  It's certainly not easy these days.

I wish Trump would shut up.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

It will be that way for as long as Trump and Kari Lake are in office. 

What troubles me is that many true conservatives I know (Trump supporters) are getting worn out by his constant carping and crapping.

PEW research poll recently found that 80% of Americans find politics exhausting. 

Go figure.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There is a reason the Dems joined Gaetz and Co. in voting to give McCarthy the boot, and I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't to advance conservativism.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I really don't care why they leave.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who runs for office.  It's certainly not easy these days.

I wish Trump would shut up.

The truth is that members of Congress are underpaid. A junior associate at most large law firms starts out making as much as a member of Congress, and most of the people who enter Congress have been successful enough in their outside lives that they can easily make more than that.

That is particularly true because it comes with the requirement that members maintain two separate residences, and DC is not a cheap place in which to live.  That makes existence of citizen legislators a practical impossibility for a lot of people.  So what you most often end up with are people who are so much wealthier than the average American that they are out of touch with a lot of the common American experience.

They need to add a housing allowance or something for them to maintain a second residence in DC. I know that goes against the popular opinion that members of Congress are massively overpaid, but I don't think that comports with reality.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

The truth is that members of Congress are underpaid. A junior associate at most large law firms starts out making as much as a member of Congress, and most of the people who enter Congress have been successful enough in their outside lives that they can easily make more than that.

That is particularly true because it comes with the requirement that members maintain two separate residences, and DC is not a cheap place in which to live.  That makes existence of citizen legislators a practical impossibility for a lot of people.  So what you most often end up with are people who are so much wealthier than the average American that they are out of touch with a lot of the common American experience.

They need to add a housing allowance or something for them to maintain a second residence in DC. I know that goes against the popular opinion that members of Congress are massively overpaid, but I don't think that comports with reality.

I’m thinking...extended stay.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Oh my...being rich is bad?

See other posts.  Not everyone is really getting rich off this.  I’m glad they can’t make too much.  They should make less.  Then maybe there would be much more incentive to remain working citizens in their own locales.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Those guys are NOT quitting over money. With all the graft and stock trades they make every year, their salary is irrelevant. They are not quitting to simply quit. They are quitting strategically with a specific agenda in mind. And that agenda is to sabotage the Republican House.

Maybe Soros paid them off? Maybe the DNC offered them some cushy 'lobbyist' deal or some other lucrative no-show job? Whatever is causing the Exodus, it has nothing to do with anything other than a specific agenda.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

It will be that way for as long as Trump and Kari Lake are in office. 

What troubles me is that many true conservatives I know (Trump supporters) are getting worn out by his constant carping and crapping.

PEW research poll recently found that 80% of Americans find politics exhausting. 

Go figure.

I have largely left it - I used to be on several forums, heavily invested in local and regional politics, an ardent listener of Limbaugh and FOXNEWS... The whole political package.

Now I am here.
That's about it.

I may get excited about the odd Conservative here and there, and send them some money... Love to kick the CP in the butt to make its lungs work, but mostly, I am here.

I am sick to death of the disenfranchisement.
And I ain't alone.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Agreed.  Most people don't realize that your average backbencher in Congress tends to be Middle Class and on a family budget, and utterly incapable financially of supporting two residences.  So they often end up living in their offices or sharing whatever small spaces they can pool their dollars to rent in grotesquely expensive Washington DC.  The financial strain also makes them susceptible to corruption.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yeah and who the bleep wants that job? To be attacked by Trump and the base. I don't blame them.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump makes his point.

But... I daresay that most (all?) of those "leaving early" would -- if they remained in office -- do everything possible to thwart his policies and actions in a second term.

They're just as effective to the right by NOT being in Congress.
Moreso.
Because that opens the door for others to step in, who might actually do something...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
[quote .=HikerGuy83 link=topic=528512.msg2997218#msg2997218 date=1712078410]
And there is no doubt "in my mind" that you have nothing to even remotely prove your accusations. 

But you are showing left-wing tendencies in that you "just know" what is reality.
[/quote]

@HikerGuy83

Calling you  an idiot would be bragging on you

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
@HikerGuy83

Calling you  an idiot would be bragging on you

Yes.....left wing tendencies.

Can't present your facts.....insult instead.

We get it.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Those guys are NOT quitting over money. With all the graft and stock trades they make every year, their salary is irrelevant. They are not quitting to simply quit. They are quitting strategically with a specific agenda in mind. And that agenda is to sabotage the Republican House.

Maybe Soros paid them off? Maybe the DNC offered them some cushy 'lobbyist' deal or some other lucrative no-show job? Whatever is causing the Exodus, it has nothing to do with anything other than a specific agenda.

Some data would be nice.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

There was a time when about 93 out of 100 senators (Yes...I know the senate) were millionaires.  I think it's carried over.  Harry Reid and Diane Feinstein were classic get rich off your position types.

The house...not so much. 

Offline libertybele

Perhaps Soros paid them off, or the DNC no doubts and I believe that you are correct; sabotaging the GOP House is the agenda.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.