Author Topic: The Many Ways a Porous Border Means Crime Without Boundaries  (Read 276 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Many Ways a Porous Border Means Crime Without Boundaries
« on: March 31, 2024, 03:48:55 pm »
The Many Ways a Porous Border Means Crime Without Boundaries
By James Varney & Abigail Degnan, RealClearInvestigations
March 26, 2024

When President Biden’s supporters attacked him for describing the man who allegedly murdered Georgia co-ed Laken Reilly as an “illegal,” they shined a light on one of the most contested words in American politics.

The progressive push to describe border crossers as undocumented or unauthorized can also serve to downplay and obscure the massive issue of crime perpetrated and spawned by the influx of millions of migrants since Biden was elected – often in ways that leave the migrants themselves as victims.

While migrant advocates argue that illegal arrivals commit crimes at lower rates than Americans, the claim is unverifiable because the federal government and most states do not break down crimes by immigration status.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2024/03/26/the_many_ways_a_porous_border_means_crime_without_boundaries_1020358.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson