Author Topic: The Army doesn’t have enough PSYOP soldiers to fight the information war, IG says  (Read 247 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army doesn’t have enough PSYOP soldiers to fight the information war, IG says
Soldiers pointed to the "divorce" between active and reserve PSYOP units as a root cause of the issues.

BY PATTY NIEBERG | PUBLISHED MAR 28, 2024 6:20 PM EDT

The Army doesn’t have enough PSYOP soldiers to fight the information war with China and Russia, the Department of Defense’s Inspector General said in a report released Wednesday.

The IG report found the Army has not recruited, trained, or retained a big enough workforce to meet the growing demand for Military Information Support Operations (MISO), commonly referred to as “psychological operations, or PSYOP” which aim to influence the beliefs and actions of other countries’ populations.

Without enough active duty soldiers trained in PSYOP warfare, the service has relied on reservists to “fill the global, full-time requirements for conventional MISO.” In fiscal year 2023, the Army’s four active and reserve Psychological Operation Groups operated with only 60% of their authorized strength, according to the report.

“The resulting operational tempo required of this under-resourced force risks burnout of these specialized Soldiers, which only serves to worsen the underlying conditions,” the report said.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-psyop-soldiers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm beginning to wonder if they have enough soldiers to fight anything! :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson