Author Topic: US leaders promise security for Gaza dock mission amid threat concerns  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US leaders promise security for Gaza dock mission amid threat concerns
By Leo Shane III and Noah Robertson
 Thursday, Mar 28

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. CQ Brown said he is confident that U.S. troops working to provide humanitarian aid to residents of Gaza will be protected from violence in the region. Brown’s comments come amid concerns from Senate Republicans that the mission could cost American military lives.

“Force protection is at the top of our list any time we put our forces in harm’s way,” Brown told reporters during a press event on Thursday. “There will be our own capabilities to protect our forces, the Israelis have also committed to help protect our forces in the area, and have other nations that are also part of this as well.

“So, as that capability is starting to move … that has given us time to work with allies and partners to start looking at not only the force protection piece but all the other parts that have to come together.”

Following President Joe Biden’s call to increase humanitarian outreach to Palestinians amid weeks of Israeli military action in Gaza, Defense Department officials announced they will send three Navy cargo ships and five Army vessels to build a floating dock in an effort to ease delivery of aid to the region.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/03/28/us-leaders-promise-security-for-gaza-dock-mission-amid-threat-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Department officials announced they will send three Navy cargo ships and five Army vessels to build a floating dock in an effort to ease delivery of aid to the region.

It seems to me to insure security and safety, the DOD will also have to put boots on the ground and helicopters somewhere in Gaza.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson