Author Topic: Navy Allows Boot Camp Recruits to Use Personal Cell Phones to Make Calls to Family at Home  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Allows Boot Camp Recruits to Use Personal Cell Phones to Make Calls to Family at Home

Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin
Published March 29, 2024 at 2:55 pm

The Navy said beginning Friday it's allowing boot camp recruits to use their cell phones for family calls after a small test of the new policy rolled out in late November.

Recruits are typically allowed five standard phone calls during their training, the Navy's statement announcing the policy change said. "Now, recruits will utilize their personal devices to contact their family or friends," it added.

"We decided it is time for recruits to connect with their loved ones in a more modern way," Capt. Ken Froberg, the head of the Navy's Recruit Training Command, said in the statement announcing the change that was released Friday.

Lt. Nicholas Lingo, a spokesman for Recruit Training Command, told Military.com in a phone interview Friday that the plan is for recruits to keep their phones in separate lockboxes where they will be away from everyday access. In the future, the lockboxes will also have the ability to keep the phones charged.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/29/navy-allows-boot-camp-recruits-use-personal-cell-phones-make-calls-family-home.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cell phones at bootcamp?  Of course, when I went to Great Lakes, cell phones were still in the future.  But, as I remember it, the only personal things we were allowed until replaced were the clothes on our backs.  They didn't want us thinking of home but rather of our new lives in the military.  Don't try and tell me, though Thoroughly Woke Milley denied it, the military hasn't gone woke. :im waiting:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 02:42:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson