Author Topic: Designated terrorist group CAIR files federal lawsuit against Jackson County Sheriff Department for  (Read 416 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Designated terrorist group CAIR files federal lawsuit against Jackson County Sheriff Department for allegedly NOT catering to Muslim convict’s excessive Ramadan meal demands
MARCH 30, 2024 BY BARENAKEDISLAM

Hamas-linked CAIR-Michigan’s Complaint and Emergency Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order on behalf of the Muslim convict alleges that Jackson County Sheriff’s Office officials and employees, along with Tiggs Canteen Services, Inc., have violated Owens’ religious “rights” for their alleged failure to provide nutritious and sufficiently caloric “halal” meals in a timely manner to Owens while he is observing the Ramadan fast. (“Timely” as in special meals before sunrise and special meals after sunset, everyday, for a month)

CAIR The Muslim convict, Marving Owens, an African American Muslim  currently being housed in Jackson County Jail has alleged that for the first three days of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan he was not provided a pre-sunrise meal known as suhoor nor was he provided a meal at sunset- iftar.

Owen states that he was forced to rely on his own limited supply of personal items that he had purchased from the commissary to sustain himself for those days. He further alleges that since he has begun receiving the predawn and sunset meals, that he has faced additional problems including receiving his meals up to two hours late and that the food he does receive does not contain sufficient nutrition or calories.

https://barenakedislam.com/2024/03/30/designated-terrorist-group-cair-files-federal-lawsuit-against-jackson-county-sheriff-department-for-allegedly-not-catering-to-muslim-convicts-excessive-ramadan-meal-demands/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they want halal meals they should not get themselves arrested.  That being said, this nonsense will be defended by the DOJ through non-action and the courts will uphold it putting a whole new level of bullsh*t on the states.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Halal. Fine. Doesn't mean it has to bee anything much  more than bread and water.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis