Author Topic: Girls, 12 and 13, accused of beating 64-year-old man to death along DC's Georgia Avenue  (Read 1824 times)

Online mountaineer

Girls, 12 and 13, accused of beating 64-year-old man to death along DC's Georgia Avenue
Reggie Brown died after he was assaulted in October. One girl suspected in the crime was arrested Thursday. Two others were arrested Friday – after one was shot and wounded on Peabody Street, a source said
By Megan McGrath, News4 Reporter, Paul Wagner, News4 Reporter, Sophia Barnes and Andrea Swalec   
Published March 29, 2024   • Updated on March 29, 2024 at 11:40 pm   
A 12-year-old girl and two 13-year-old girls have been arrested and charged with murder in the beating death of a 64-year-old man last fall on Georgia Avenue NW, D.C. police say.

One of the 13-year-olds was arrested Thursday. The other 13-year-old and the 12-year-old were arrested Friday.

The arrest of the youngest girl came after she was shot and wounded in her home on Peabody Street NW earlier Friday, a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation told News4.

Reggie Brown, a 64-year-old Northwest D.C. resident, died after he was assaulted on Oct. 17, 2023. Officers responded to the 6200 block of Georgia Avenue at about 12:55 a.m. He had injuries consistent with an assault and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. An autopsy determined he died of blunt force trauma and was a homicide victim.

Video a detective called "horrific" played in court Friday evening showed three girls kicking and stomping Brown. They appeared to be in a celebratory mood as they walked away. ...
NBC Washington
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Decades ago, I vividly recall how the city of Rio de Janeiro handled out-of-control crimes committed by "street children" who terrorized the city.

The police had special units who went out in the middle of the night and simply executed the homeless kids filling/littering the city.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/killing-6000-street-kids-and-candelaria-massacre

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

The police had special units who went out in the middle of the night and simply executed the homeless kids filling/littering the city.
Yikes. The thing that gets me is how we seem to have a generation of sociopaths. Is it all due to fatherless homes and unchurched families? Or what?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Decades ago, I vividly recall how the city of Rio de Janeiro handled out-of-control crimes committed by "street children" who terrorized the city.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/killing-6000-street-kids-and-candelaria-massacre
These three will never be productive or safe members of society, they will be warehoused for a while then set free to once againn commit heinous acts. If they were Pit Bulls there would be demand for them to be put down, but they are worse than a stupid animal, because they have, are supposed to have, the ability to know right from wrong....but just like a dangerous Pit Bull they have been bred to be violent.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:30:07 pm by GtHawk »

Online DCPatriot

Yikes. The thing that gets me is how we seem to have a generation of sociopaths. Is it all due to fatherless homes and unchurched families? Or what?

Funny how perceptions change over the years.

When it was going on, I couldn't help but 'picture' unfortunate homeless children whose parent(s) couldn't provide for them...foreclosed up, unemployed broke and starving.

But like you said...it's most likely due to children growing up feral with no developmental guidance to even know or care about "right or wrong".

Of course, how long would it take us to have acute hunger pains with no means to get food/sustenance before we ourselves resorted to violence?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

When it was going on, I couldn't help but 'picture' unfortunate homeless children whose parent(s) couldn't provide for them...foreclosed up, unemployed broke and starving.

But like you said...it's most likely due to children growing up feral with no developmental guidance to even know or care about "right or wrong".

Of course, how long would it take us to have acute hunger pains with no means to get food/sustenance before we ourselves resorted to violence?   :shrug:
Like Haiti? The other 'other white meat'....?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DCPatriot

BAD analogy. These girls were not hungry or homeless. They were just out "having fun".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
So the good news is at least one of the thugs got shot ? Bad: But not fatally ...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 09:41:05 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

BAD analogy. These girls were not hungry or homeless. They were just out "having fun".

My 3rd paragraph is where I agreed with @mountaineer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My 3rd paragraph is where I agreed with @mountaineer

@DCPatriot

My apologies for overlooking that.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

My apologies for overlooking that.

Not necessary, my FRiend!  @sneakypete    :beer:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Back when abortion was first "legalized," many of us were ridiculed for saying that we believed the value of human life would be downgraded. If tiny, innocent babies could be discarded, why couldn't X or Y be discarded. It's been a long, slow progression to the bottom. There have been a lot of other factors that have played a part of our decline -- drugs, Johnson's "war on poverty," Madalyn Murray O'Hair's  successful campaign to remove prayer from school, the lowering of moral standards (fornication, acceptance of gender bending perversions, NAMBLA), coddling of kids, etc. These have contributed to the perfect storm that has led us to this place. None of us has any idea if this is rock bottom. What we do know is that we're only mildly shocked by things that were unimaginable within our lifetimes.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mountaineer

Offline Smokin Joe

Back when abortion was first "legalized," many of us were ridiculed for saying that we believed the value of human life would be downgraded. If tiny, innocent babies could be discarded, why couldn't X or Y be discarded. It's been a long, slow progression to the bottom. There have been a lot of other factors that have played a part of our decline -- drugs, Johnson's "war on poverty," Madalyn Murray O'Hair's  successful campaign to remove prayer from school, the lowering of moral standards (fornication, acceptance of gender bending perversions, NAMBLA), coddling of kids, etc. These have contributed to the perfect storm that has led us to this place. None of us has any idea if this is rock bottom. What we do know is that we're only mildly shocked by things that were unimaginable within our lifetimes.
And while all that was going on, the population was being desensitized to violence by increasingly graphic depictions of violence in the entertainment media. A Clockwork Orange initially had an X rating for violence. Now it is mild fare.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

And while all that was going on, the population was being desensitized to violence by increasingly graphic depictions of violence in the entertainment media. A Clockwork Orange initially had an X rating for violence. Now it is mild fare.
Years ago, I occasionally watched the mid-1980s TV show "The Equalizer," starring British actor Edward Woodward. I don't recall there being much violence at all.

Last night, I surfed upon the new version of the show, starring Queen Latifah, and all I saw for several minutes was people spraying automatic weapons around at each other. My first thought was to wonder how many of those actors firing guns at one another supported the Democrats' gun-grabbing ways.

Online DCPatriot

Let's include violence in video 'games' like "CALL OF DUTY" too!

Don't understand it because I've got sons and nephews in the 50's and 40's  respectively who play it 'online' until the wee hours of the morning.

Grand Theft Auto V
Forza Motorsport
Street Fighter 6
Lords of the Fallen

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

@Smokin Joe

Good point. I didn't even think about that as a contributor since it wasn't necessarily on my radar. It was so off-putting to me and existed in places that I almost never exposed myself to. But surely such desensitization takes its toll on the human race.

From The Searing of the Conscience https://www.redeemerchurchofsouthhills.org/the-searing-of-the-conscience/

Isaiah famously declares “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil” (Is. 5:20). The reversal of good and evil is a sure sign of a seared conscience, which is actually the result of divine judgment. Romans 1 describes rebels becoming darkened in the hearts and being given over by God to their sin. However, 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 is perhaps the strongest and most frightening description of this judgment against sin: “…they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” For those who persist in rebellion, their consciences will be seared to the point that they love and believe a lie.

This is where we are.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Smokin Joe

Good point. I didn't even think about that as a contributor since it wasn't necessarily on my radar. It was so off-putting to me and existed in places that I almost never exposed myself to. But surely such desensitization takes its toll on the human race.

@AllThatJazzZ

I still haven't seen it. There are enough horrors in real life that I never saw the need to search for fake ones,and all you have to do to find horrors on a daily basis is to read a newspaper.

Offline Smokin Joe

@AllThatJazzZ

I still haven't seen it. There are enough horrors in real life that I never saw the need to search for fake ones,and all you have to do to find horrors on a daily basis is to read a newspaper.
It started in the '70s, and was meant for movie audiences, and later TV.

Most of the people I know who had seen real life horrors stayed away from the splatter flicks and really violent films, just because they'd seen enough that was real and didn't find it particularly entertaining.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Let's include violence in video 'games' like "CALL OF DUTY" too!
I quite agree. Saw a story on the TV news recently about a local college adding "eSports," i.e., video games, to their "athletic" pursuits. The kids they showed were all playing games where the player hold a machine gun and blasts holes in people right and left. Seems educational and wholesome to me!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bad seed.

Put them down.

No "good fruit" will ever spring from these savage twigs...

(sorry if you don't like this post)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bad seed.

Put them down.

No "good fruit" will ever spring from these savage twigs...

(sorry if you don't like this post)

@Fishrrman

I seriously doubt ANYONE "likes" what you wrote,but it is what is called an "uncomfortable truth".

There is something seriously "broken" in the minds and personalities of people who do things like that,and there just ain't no such  thing  as "fixing them".