Author Topic: Just Look At Kansas  (Read 9069 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Just Look At Kansas
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2024, 07:37:28 pm »
Historic in the sense that they are history.  What happened ?  Trump absorbed some of it and the rest of it died.

And our overturned seats have overturned back.

Your view is too narrow IMHO. Twenty-five states were revitalized, and a good portion of those states bureaucrats are TEA. The Conservative Caucus formed there left its vestiges in the Freedom Caucus today.

We cant win elections in Georgia.

Right. With Republicans in downright collusion with Democrats to guarantee the political landscape - Yoou do well to point to it... But for the wrong reason.

I am not talking about "go along to get along".  I don't believe in that.  And that is not what I am talking about.

It's more like "Keep the crazies out of the room".

BOTH SIDES have 'crazies'. Their side is honored and showered with accolades. Our side, they're kicked under the bus and run over. Then one wonders why the field is always moving leftward.

But these things wax and wane. And what is political gospel today can be overturned in an instant. The reason orthodoxy is so important is to anchor some ground in some place for folks to return to. The return is inevitable.

And the same thing is happening on the other side. Two dragons, fighting (oh the prophecies that speak of that!). Losing ground is never guaranteed. Keep swinging. Even with your last breath. Because the signal change could come, even yet. Revival, redemption comes in calamity.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2024, 08:33:36 pm »
By all means, feel free to explain it to me. 

The Tea Party fights for the Budget Control Act.

And the GOP pretty much killed it. 

And who helped do that.....Trump.  The King of Debt (his words). 

So, I am really interested to hear just WTH you are talking about.

And there it is. There's the reality of it. I have been railed in this very forum for claiming 'the Big Show' ain't the truth... That our fight is not with the Democrats. The REAL danger, the primary danger is ON THE RIGHT. We have to get our own house in order before we can be ready to throw stones at Democrats.

People forget that the Republicans have three houses... Three wings... Right, Center, and Left, within the Republican party. Conservatives invariably come only from the Right wing, the Goldwater/Reagan wing. The Left wing, think Romney and Tumpy, are back-east big money elites. They are every bit the liberals that the far left are. And lastly there's the 'Moderates'... The so-called 'center wing'. Think the Bushes, McCain, Dole - Think NEOCONs - The new 'kinder, gentler conservatism'.

That's the landscape of the 'right'. The moderates have held power at the federal level ever since Reagan left the White House. They have held the congressional and senate leadership all the way along, with two shining exceptions: The 94 Congress (Contract with America), and the TEA Party.

The success of the 94 Congress was short lived, but effective. It bent the will of Clinton. It's the only time we came close to a budget, not to mention a balanced budget, in modern times.But it was short-lived because it was initiated from the top. The moderates quickly resumed control during Dubya's term - Several leaders from the right were corrupted and retired,and viola! the Center ascended again.

The TEA party was a different critter. The TEA party did not start from the top. It started in the grassroots and burned like a wildfire through the Obama years, gutting counties and states, and overturning them.The Power, from the states on down, lies largely with the Conservatives in Right leaning states. The shining glory of that was Cruz. A very reasonable minority of TEA Partiers made it into Congress, Cruz among them. When Cruz looked to be able to ascend to presidential power, something had to be done. Enter Tumpy He stole the message and defamed Cruz - I don't know that he will ever recover. But Tumpy doesn't really care about the message. That's all a show for the rubes, as proven by his record.

And so the powers at the federal level snuffed out the Tea Party fire. MurderTurdle got his name from throttling Conservative candidates' campaigns in their infancy, making sure they got primaried. The 'Gang of Eight' made sure to stand in the way of Conservative legislation. Conservatives cannot rise to set things right and destroy liberalism, until they wrest the knife out of the hand of Moderates, because the moderate will stab them in the back every time. The fight is for the power on the Right. Not with Democrats. . Once Coservatives have gained that control, THEN they can go after the Left effectively.

That's why, btw, Tumpy is an enormous waste of time and money.

If you think conservative politics means letting Boebert and MTG run the show (all the while we pillory their analoges like AOC and the Squad), you don't even know what conservative politics means.

Nah. They're all assholes and idiots. All of em. I bet there ain't but a handful of em that ain't got dirt. I think Boebert came out swinging and wouldn't play 'comes along gets along' with leadership. so her particular assholeness was let out to the press to effectively cut off her power.

Do you really think she's the only one that acts like that? They ALL do. Power does that to everyone. But the press gets Conservatives served up on a plate... They purposefully make the far right look bad, every chance they get. Why that is so glaring is that the press does not go after the rest of em.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2024, 08:47:37 pm »
Yep, we get that. 

She's all Trump.

She's all MAGA (which no one can define with specifics). 

I don't like that much. And her ACU/Heritage score has nothing to do with her support of Tumpy. I would put that in spite of her support of Tumpy. In fact, I hold her support of Tumpy to be the worst black mark upon her.

She's a personal mess.

She's got a big mouth and makes AOC look smart.

Yeah... Not a good look. But I don't care. All I care about is her electability and her record. I don't think her missteps will hang her up. She's a mountain girl from a mountain state - Like Palin, all that tempest is kinda expected. I will bet it is shrugged off by her constituency. Rocky mountain states are decidedly more libertarian than our fellows. Her private life is unfortunate, but her own mess. That can be lived down. Her votes will matter.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2024, 05:27:43 am »
And there it is. There's the reality of it. I have been railed in this very forum for claiming 'the Big Show' ain't the truth... That our fight is not with the Democrats. The REAL danger, the primary danger is ON THE RIGHT. We have to get our own house in order before we can be ready to throw stones at Democrats.

I am totally on board with that one. 

Time to clean house. 

Kari Lake gone.

Trump gone.

But we need to be developing good candidates to take their places.  Not opportunists like Blake Masters.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2024, 05:28:51 am »
I don't like that much. And her ACU/Heritage score has nothing to do with her support of Tumpy. I would put that in spite of her support of Tumpy. In fact, I hold her support of Tumpy to be the worst black mark upon her.

Yeah... Not a good look. But I don't care. All I care about is her electability and her record. I don't think her missteps will hang her up. She's a mountain girl from a mountain state - Like Palin, all that tempest is kinda expected. I will bet it is shrugged off by her constituency. Rocky mountain states are decidedly more libertarian than our fellows. Her private life is unfortunate, but her own mess. That can be lived down. Her votes will matter.

Good chance she's not going back to congress.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2024, 05:30:55 am »

Do you really think she's the only one that acts like that? They ALL do. Power does that to everyone. But the press gets Conservatives served up on a plate... They purposefully make the far right look bad, every chance they get. Why that is so glaring is that the press does not go after the rest of em.

My congresscritter is Andy Bigg.  He comes to our LD and speaks and he is sharp, level-headed, funny (seriously...he's got a great sense of humor), and informative.  He's not the firebreathing ignorant twit that is Lb or MTG.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2024, 05:43:58 pm »
My congresscritter is Andy Bigg.  He comes to our LD and speaks and he is sharp, level-headed, funny (seriously...he's got a great sense of humor), and informative.  He's not the firebreathing ignorant twit that is Lb or MTG.

Then consider yourself lucky. I am utterly unimpressed by the shape of oratory prowess these days. None hold me breathless. None inspire to greatness. All are mundane, with the appeal of a poor car salesman.

That is likely an offshoot of the poor state of storytelling, but I digress...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2024, 07:03:54 pm »
Then consider yourself lucky. I am utterly unimpressed by the shape of oratory prowess these days. None hold me breathless. None inspire to greatness. All are mundane, with the appeal of a poor car salesman.

Biggs is very good.  I have met him on several occasions.  My rep is Paul Gosar, also good.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2024, 04:28:40 am »

Don't get me wrong.  I like Bigg more because he is informative about what is going on. 

I feel bad because sometimes when he is talking I can see a sadness in his face. 

But he's also entertaining.  Sometimes it's just him blowing off steam....but it's funny.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2024, 04:30:10 am »
Sam Brownback never looked better than an eighth grader on drugs when talking. 

It was painful to watch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2024, 03:46:54 pm »
I like Andy.  Here is a picture of us from a Lincoln Day Dinner in Lake Havasu City:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: