Author Topic: 15 Cities That Have Become So Dirty It's Now A Public Health Problem  (Read 443 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
15 Cities That Have Become So Dirty It's Now A Public Health Problem
©Image Credit: ISoldMyHouse

America is facing a convergence of challenges: rising immigration, deepening poverty, rampant drug use, and escalating pollution are stretching city resources thin. These pressing issues are culminating in a severe public health crisis, manifesting most visibly in the deteriorating state of cleanliness and safety in many urban areas. In this article, we look at the fifteen cities where this crisis is most alarming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/15-cities-that-have-become-so-dirty-it-s-now-a-public-health-problem/ss-BB1kN2QX?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=94150cf37a704e198ae00c61339cd73e&ei=16#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 15 Cities That Have Become So Dirty It's Now A Public Health Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 08:57:47 pm »
The fifteen, from worst to least-worst:

Houston
Newark
San Bernardino
Detroit
Jersey City
Bakersfield
San Antonio
Fresno
Oklahoma City
Yonkers (NY)
Shreveport
Manhattan
Birmingham
Ontario (CA)
Los Angeles

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 15 Cities That Have Become So Dirty It's Now A Public Health Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 07:36:42 am »
The fifteen, from worst to least-worst:

Houston
Newark
San Bernardino
Detroit
Jersey City
Bakersfield
San Antonio
Fresno
Oklahoma City
Yonkers (NY)
Shreveport
Manhattan
Birmingham
Ontario (CA)
Los Angeles
I admit I am surprised to see Ontario on the list. When I was in Toronto, Winnipeg, and Regina (granted over a decade ago) the streets and alleyways were clean--as in very clean. In Toronto, (1979)  someone was filming a movie and had trashed the alley to make it look like an American alleyway, but the city crew came in and cleaned it up while they were on lunch break. I imagine that caused a bunch of problems with the background mess in the film...

My bad. CA is also an abbreviation for Canada, and I read it as such. California, I understand. Surprised San Francisco didn't get a nod, but reading the article, they didn't mention poop in the streets as a deciding factor.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:39:45 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis