Author Topic: Biden official who resigned over Israel says staffers feel 'betrayed' by Biden's failed 'moral' lead  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden official who resigned over Israel says staffers feel 'betrayed' by Biden's failed 'moral' leadership
Opinion by Kristine Parks • 1d • 3 min read

U.S. State Department staffer who resigned criticizes Biden's Israel policy

AState Department staffer who resigned in protest over President Biden's Israel policy explained staffers feel "betrayed" by the administration's "extreme support" for Israel amid its ongoing offensive in Gaza.

Annelle Sheline told "Amanpour & Company" host Christiane Amanpour that she resigned publicly Wednesday from her job as a foreign affairs officer after her colleagues begged her to voice dissent on their behalf.

Sheline argued the U.S. was violating humanitarian laws by continuing to aid Israel amid what they viewed as human rights abuses. She claimed staffers felt "betrayed" by Biden over what they saw as a failure of his pledge to reestablish America as a moral leader.

"And I just want to be clear that Israel is in violation of U.S. laws, whether it’s the Leahy laws or Section 620 of the Foreign Assistance Act. The law is very clear here. And I worry very much that not only, when the administration flouts those laws, it’s not only having a devastating effect for the people of Gaza, but for U.S. moral standing abroad. And this administration came in pledging to reestablish America’s moral leadership, to reengage in international institutions, and this was something that many of my colleagues inside State really believed in. And this is part of why so many people are feeling so betrayed by the decisions this administration keeps making," she explained to Amanpour.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/biden-official-who-resigned-over-israel-says-staffers-feel-betrayed-by-bidens-failed-moral-leadership/ar-BB1kLfGr
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Amanpour would never dream of having someone on who supported Israel.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Anyone who supports Islamic terrorism, like this clown clearly does, is in no position to complain about any other person's "failed 'moral' leadership" (even Joe Biden's).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Amanpour & Company" host Christiane Amanpour...

If ever there was a "Jew-hating commie"...