Author Topic: Bringing Accountability To Our Criminal Justice System  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bringing Accountability To Our Criminal Justice System
« on: March 30, 2024, 04:22:33 pm »
March 30, 2024
Bringing Accountability To Our Criminal Justice System
By Vince Coyner
When I was 12 years old, we moved to the Navy base on Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. We moved in the summer and, by the time school started, I’d made friends and was feeling pretty comfortable.

One day, during the first week of school, I was sitting in the back of Mr. Scroch’s Social Studies classroom before he arrived. While we waited, some friends and I were messing around, throwing erasers at one another and calling each other names. Then, we noticed a man sitting in the front row. We immediately settled down but I remember ducking my head and yelling something to the old guy about how he must have failed a lot to be there with us.

Moments later Mr. Scroch walked in the door. After he had settled at his desk, the man in front stood up, pointed out the three of us, and said, “Mr. Scroch, would you please send these three gentlemen to my office at the end of the day.” As my eyes bugged, Mr. Scroch said, “Students, I’d like to introduce our vice principle, Mr. Andrews.”

We dutifully went to Mr. Andrews’ office after school and, somehow, inexplicably, I found myself laughing at him when he asked if we thought we were funny. I protested that class hadn’t started yet, but he was having none of it. He then called my dad to come pick me up.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/bringing_accountability_to_our_criminal_justice_system.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:23:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson