Author Topic: Preparing for electronic warfare is the Army’s top cyber priority in 2024  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Preparing for electronic warfare is the Army’s top cyber priority in 2024
Troops could have a backpack capability in the next six months—as long as Congress passes a budget.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | MARCH 22, 2024
ARMY CONGRESS CYBER

Some Army units could get backpacks of new electronic warfare capabilities—plus specialized guidance on how to use them for training—if Congress passes a full budget for this year.

A recently completed 120-day study that evaluated the service’s cyber and electronic warfare resources and capabilities identified an urgent need to field an electromagnetic warfare pack capability that can help locate adversary positions, and help the Army learn more about its own formations. 

“We can use that system to geolocate interesting targets. We can use that system to perform jamming on targets of interest of the adversary. As an example, we can jam their voice communications from a battlefield perspective,” Maj. Gen. Paul Stanton, commander of the Army Cyber Center of Excellence told Defense One as part of its State of Defense series. “But—very importantly—we can also turn that system back onto ourselves and determine what we look like in the electromagnetic spectrum. Because we know that our adversaries have us under constant observation.”

https://www.defenseone.com/defense-systems/2024/03/preparing-electronic-warfare-armys-top-cyber-priority-2024/395177/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson