Author Topic: SPECIAL REPORT: Army Cautious About Lessons of War  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SPECIAL REPORT: Army Cautious About Lessons of War
« on: March 30, 2024, 03:27:41 pm »
SPECIAL REPORT: Army Cautious About Lessons of War
3/19/2024
By Sean Carberry   

Army photo

This is part 3 of a 3-part special report on the Army-led Project Convergence Capstone 4 exercise.

CAMP PENDLETON, California — After the completion of phase one of the Army-led Project Convergence Capstone 4, National Defense spoke with Gen. James Rainey, head of Army Futures Command, about takeaways from the experimentation focused on advancing Combined Joint All-Domain Command and Control capabilities and what Army Futures Command is learning from the war in Ukraine.

Rainey said the United States has a responsibility to learn from the conflicts in Ukraine and Gaza, but he worries about some of the conclusions people are drawing.

“We’ve got to be careful about what’s a really interesting observation that we need to do some thinking about, and what we would say is something we learned,” he said.

“When I look at Ukraine, I see something interesting happening and I say, ‘Is that an anomaly to this fight?’” he said. “You’re watching two armies largely do attrition warfare. There’s not a lot of maneuver. There’s not a lot of joint capabilities.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/3/19/army-cautious-about-lessons-of-war
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: SPECIAL REPORT: Army Cautious About Lessons of War
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 03:30:43 pm »
I'd like to think the military is really hard at work analyzing the lessons of war and not succumbing to political and media pressure to see things their ways.  After Thoroughly Woke Milley, I'm not convinced of it though. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson