Author Topic: US military and the AI – what should we expect?  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military and the AI – what should we expect?
« on: March 30, 2024, 02:23:59 pm »
US military and the AI – what should we expect?
ByAdriaan BritsPosted on March 25, 2024

Recently, the United States has taken significant steps to integrate artificial intelligence into its military operations, particularly in identifying targets for airstrikes in the Middle East. This initiative falls under the Pentagon’s Project Maven. , a Pentagon-led project that aims to develop and leverage AI algorithms for military use. The announcement marks a pivotal moment in military strategy, where technology and automation begin to play increasingly crucial roles in operational decision-making and precision targeting.

Additionally, Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks spoke in September about the Replicator Initiative, a plan to scale autonomous military features to help overcome China’s advantage in mass: more ships, more missiles, more forces. This ambitious plan seeks to further expand the use of autonomous military features, aiming to counterbalance China’s numerical superiority in terms of ships, missiles, and overall forces. By scaling up the autonomous capabilities of the U.S. military, the initiative represents a strategic move to enhance the United States’ ability to maintain a competitive edge in the realm of global military power.

These developments underscore a broader shift towards the incorporation of advanced technologies in defense strategies. By leveraging AI for target identification and enhancing autonomy through the Replicator Initiative, the United States is setting a precedent for the future of military operations. These efforts not only aim to improve the efficiency and precision of military actions but also reflect a strategic approach to addressing the challenges posed by rival nations. As technology continues to evolve, its integration into defense mechanisms will undoubtedly redefine the landscape of international military competition.

https://techbullion.com/us-military-and-the-ai-what-should-we-expect/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US military and the AI – what should we expect?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 02:27:07 pm »
With democrats and rinos controlling congress, wokeness dominating military thinking, and the technology to do it, citizens can expect to be monitored more closely (spied on). :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson