Author Topic: Database: National Security Vetting Failures  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Database: National Security Vetting Failures
« on: March 30, 2024, 02:17:46 pm »
Database: National Security Vetting Failures

The Center for Immigration Studies’ Vetting Failure Database presents the first known collection of preventable federal government vetting failures that enabled entries of foreign nationals who threatened and harmed American national interests and public safety. Its purpose is to be a constant reminder to the American public and to government employees in a position to effect remedies that they are obliged to do so as soon as practicable. Additionally, the database points America’s homeland security establishment and its congressional overseers to previously unidentified fail points in the highly complex immigration security screening array so that they may more ably block future entries of foreign threat actors.

The pool of cases selected for inclusion is far from comprehensive and should not be construed as reflecting either problem-set totality or representative weight in any given area. It is by necessity, rather, a compilation selected almost solely on the basis of public information availability to reverse-engineer cases for analysis and from which to draw reasonable conclusions that security failure most likely occurred.

Only vetting opportunities on or after the year 2008 are included. The year 2008 was chosen as the starting point on the assumption that the first series of 9/11 visa vetting reforms would have fully vested by then and, in essence, remain in current use. The year 2008 also was chosen because certain significant new process improvements were implemented that year.

View About the National Security Vetting Failures Database to read more about database inclusions and exclusions in detail. For suggestions on additions to the database, please e-mail center@cis.org.

https://cis.org/National-Security-Vetting-Failures-Database
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson