Author Topic: Concerned About Immigration? Must be “Russian Disinformation”  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Concerned About Immigration? Must be “Russian Disinformation”
March 22, 2024

Pawel Styrna
Senior Researcher

In a piece worthy of the Soviet propaganda outlet Pravda (which, ironically, means “truth” in Russian and other Slavic languages), the Associated Press (AP) has claimed that Americans who view the escalating border crisis with concern are simply being duped by “Russian disinformation.” To clarify definitions, “disinformation” refers to the deliberate spreading of false information, while “misinformation” is the unintentional spreading of such information. As the border crisis becomes ever more serious, apparently those who see and speak out about it are engaged in deception.

According to the AP article, “n recent weeks, Russian state media and online accounts tied to the Kremlin have spread and amplified misleading and incendiary content about U.S. immigration and border security. The campaign seems crafted to stoke outrage and polarization before the 2024 election for the White House.” The article does not address the reality of open borders, with its resultant crime, costs and national security threats, only pushing insinuations that critics of open borders are exaggerating, “misstating” or repeating supposedly “debunked” information or otherwise under the spell of a foreign enemy. The reality is the border is in crisis, but the article seems to completely downplay this, particularly in terms of illegal alien crime.

The article mentions the murder of Georgia student Laken Riley by an illegal alien from Venezuela released on immigration parole, saying that “[t]he killing (…) quickly became a rallying cry for former President Donald Trump and other Republicans who suggest that migrants commit crimes more often than do U.S. citizens. The evidence does not support those claims.” The cold manner with which the author addresses the brutal murder of Laken Riley by illegal alien parolee Jose Ibarra – even avoiding mentioning the victim’s name – is quite telling. For the author, the problem seems to be not so much that an illegal alien killed an American, but rather that “Trump and other Republicans” have dared to bring attention to it.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2024/03/22/concerned-about-immigration-must-be-russian-disinformation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson