Author Topic: Joe Biden had $7.5 billion to spend on 500,000 EV charging stations. He has built ... 7  (Read 434 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 29, 2024
Joe Biden had $7.5 billion to spend on 500,000 EV charging stations. He has built ... 7
By Monica Showalter

Way back in 2021, Joe Biden vowed to spend $7.5 billion of our taxpayer dollars to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations. The greenie future was just around the corner, he assured, soon everyone would be driving an electric vehicle, and the future was so bright, we'd have to wear shades.

Now that his term is ending, how's that going?

According to the Washington Post:

President Biden has long vowed to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations in the United States by 2030. Those stations, the White House said, would help Americans feel confident purchasing and driving electric cars, and help the country cut carbon pollution.

But now, more than two years after Congress allocated $7.5 billion to help build out those stations, only 7 EV charging stations are operational across four states. And as the Biden administration rolls out its new rules for emissions from cars and trucks — which will require a lot more electric cars and hybrids on the road — the sluggish build-out could slow the transition to electric cars.

“I think a lot of people who are watching this are getting concerned about the timeline,” said Alexander Laska, deputy director for transportation and innovation at the center-left think tank Third Way.

Seems his call to leave it to him to turn our economy green isn't working out quite like he thought it would work out.

It's like the shovel-ready jobs promised by President Obama early in his term that he eventually admitted never quite panned out like he thought it would?

Now Joe Biden has "topped" that Obama failure with his electric vehicle charging stations scheme, making his promises even more empty than Obama's.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/joe_biden_had_7_5_billion_to_spend_on_500_000_ev_charging_stations_he_has_built_7.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

A show of hands: who didn't see that coming?

No one?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But he has another one planned for 2035. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can you say, "B-O-O-N-D-O-G-G-L-E" ???

I knew you could!

Offline Hoodat

It's like the shovel-ready jobs promised by President Obama early in his term that he eventually admitted never quite panned out like he thought it would?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-