Author Topic: A quarter-trillion dollars, vaporized  (Read 467 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A quarter-trillion dollars, vaporized
« on: March 30, 2024, 01:43:59 pm »
March 30, 2024
A quarter-trillion dollars, vaporized
By Gerald McGlothlin

In a revelation that may unsettle many taxpayers, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) has brought to light a staggering figure of $236 billion in improper or incorrect payments made under the Biden administration last year alone.  This sum, which does not even fully account for all susceptible programs, indicates a level of fiscal mismanagement that demands immediate attention and action.

The breakdown provided by the GAO is particularly alarming, with Medicare and Medicaid together accounting for nearly $100 billion of this colossal waste.  Such figures not only represent a “material deficiency or weakness in internal controls” within these agencies, but also signal a broader issue of accountability and efficiency within the administration’s handling of taxpayer dollars.

Improper payments, as defined by the GAO, include those that should not have been made or were made in incorrect amounts.  This encompasses a wide array of errors, from administrative oversight to fraudulent claims, each contributing to the hemorrhaging of public funds at an unprecedented scale.  With Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness also contributing tens of billions to the total, the extent of misallocated or mishandled funds spans across several critical sectors of government aid and support programs.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/a_quarter_trillion_dollars_vaporized.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: A quarter-trillion dollars, vaporized
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 06:35:50 pm »
As the size of the federal government grows, and it costs more and more to fund that power, the amount and magnitude of the fraud and waste and unaccountability grows with it

Too bad there’s nobody running for POTUS that addresses this issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 10:18:06 pm »
4-week T-bills bought online from treasurydirect.gov are paying pretty well right now, up around 5.3% ...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 04:07:45 am »
Too bad there’s nobody running for POTUS that addresses this issue

You got that right.  This is the #1 issue that America faces.  Every other problem we have emanated from this one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-