Author Topic: Bureaucrats Control the Show  (Read 633 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bureaucrats Control the Show
« on: March 30, 2024, 01:39:33 pm »
March 30, 2024
Bureaucrats Control the Show
By Ben Madison

Bureaus and agencies administer the laws and regulations passed by Congress. They also administer executive orders issued by the President. They were created out of necessity. No one man or woman can effectively oversee the daily control necessary to ensure the laws and rules are carried out. The people that manage these departments are not elected. They have been hired based on experience or favoritism. They have been appointed based on nepotism or party affiliation. In most cases the actual controlling management have been on the job for a long period of time. They are skilled at managing and manipulating the established system as well as maintaining a protective shield against political climate change. They know which way the wind blows.

As a result of the embedded bureaucratic structure, elected officials such as congressmen, governors, mayors, and even presidents are at the mercy of those who run and control these bureaus and agencies. Presidential appointments, especially at the cabinet and department head levels are merely figureheads. They generally have no understanding of system processes or managerial requirements in the department they are appointed to. The departments are so large even someone with strong administrative skills will flounder in their attempt to control. They need to rely on those bureaucrats with well-established experience on the job, to tell them the truth and to push through the decisions made by the President. Congressmen pass laws, but few if any are involved in the administration of the laws and are generally oblivious to many bureaucratic regulations that are enacted to support a law. Good intentions of a law that is passed are many times thwarted by unforeseen regulations that cause more harm than good.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/bureaucrats_control_the_show.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Bureaucrats Control the Show
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 10:28:25 pm »
This could be taken care of, easily.

Without any additional legislation being passed.

EVERY government agency could be (if not shut down), rendered at least 90% ineffective and simply "put on idle".

Within the space of 2 days (for ALL of them).

All is takes is some creative thinking.
I've done that thinking. I have the plan.

If you want this accomplished, I'm the one to call, Mr. Trump.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 07:52:08 am »

EVERY government agency could be (if not shut down), rendered at least 90% ineffective and simply "put on idle".

That is what generally needs to be done. Some entire departments could and should be eliminated: there is no Constitutional authorization for what they do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 07:58:45 am »
What do you expect? It's what bureaucrats DO.

They will invariably find more and more things to control, because it is their nature.
The ONLY fix is to make it smaller. Streamlining. Remove things, and you will remove things to control.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 12:22:11 am »

Don't wait for him to call!  Contact him!

https://www.45office.com/info/share-your-thoughts

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 12:51:27 am »

Call him for what?  Trump is the one who threw these same bureaucrats an $8 trillion lifeline during his four years in office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 12:53:39 am »
The original post says that Presidential appointees to government agencies
don't know the inside workings of the agencies well enough to get policies done.
I would argue that the appointees DO have the power.
If a career bureaucrat refuses to carry out an order,
that is cause for termination.  Or at least reassignment to a powerless position.
Reassign someone else into the job, who WILL carry out orders.

What the original post fails to address is the problem of
"independent regulatory agencies" -
agencies that are NOT in the Executive Branch,
that are NOT under a Cabinet official.

They first started to be created around 1880.
They act "independently."  They exercise
legislative, executive, and judicial powers with NO accountability!

They are usually governed by a board of directors,
appointed by the President, and confirmed by Congress.
Usually 5 directors per agency, one appointed every 2 years.
They usually end up being puppets of the industries they're supposed to regulate!

What should happen is, file a court case in the Federal Circuit
that points out the illegality/unconstitutionality of this arrangement,
and call for the remedy of putting these agencies under Cabinet officials.
Take it from the Federal Circuit straight to the Supreme Court.

Bureaucrats have a saying - "the process IS the punishment!"
When a bureaucrat decides to attack you,
you have to spend years going through all of the
independent agency's "administrative law courts"
before you can even START to have your case heard by a CONSTITUTIONAL court!
The bureaucracy's illegal action against you has bankrupted you
long before you ever get to be heard by a legitimate court!

Abolish this illegal system!
Put them in the Executive Branch, where they can be held accountable!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 01:00:34 am »
Call him for what?  Trump is the one who threw these same bureaucrats an $8 trillion lifeline during his four years in office.

Yeah.