Author Topic: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours  (Read 49489 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2024, 12:32:15 am »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2024, 01:23:32 am »
Who is the idiot that didn't foresee that coming?

The same strain of idiot that once used crossties made of willow for railroad construction. The kind of idiot that will take "free" government money while the taking is good!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2024, 01:34:18 am »
The same strain of idiot that once used crossties made of willow for railroad construction. The kind of idiot that will take "free" government money while the taking is good!

Not to worry... I'm sure that they're insured.  :whistle: *****rollingeyes*****

Online Kamaji

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2024, 02:10:15 am »
Hail cripples massive solar farm

There goes that 4.3MW of "renewable" energy.  How many EVs are those panels powering?

Lord but liberals are egregiously stupid people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2024, 05:52:29 am »
I never said tanks or at least should have been more specific. I am talking about support vehicles and such and very light armor vehicles such as humvees.

1. EV's give off no or minimal sound, no or very little heat signature like a diesel.
2. In Gulf War 1 each soldier had the equivalant of 45 lbs of electronic gear. Currently each soldier has the equivalent of 2000 lbs of electronic gear.  EV's can supply this electric need w/o having to bring up generators and such 
3. Battery range is going up every year.  Toyota said in a presss release their 2026 ev's will have a 600 mile range.
4. As I mentioned before the military is working on batteries that can be changed out in the field due to damage or recharging with no tools in two minutes in less.
5. Every single military contractors from every country at the Qatar show had military ev;s including China in their lineup.
6. You said every ev military vehicle can be taken out with an emp. How do you know this?  You are speaking out of your arse.

You know jack crap what they are working on, what their capabilities are  but yet you are an armchair general. What I posted above is the minimal info my bil would give me. You are another person who hates ev's because conservatives have been told to hate ev's.

I don't hate EVs. I have laid out what my requirements are for a vehicle, and the EVs on the market and which will be present in the near future do not meet those requirements, requirements which are not merely a matter of convenience, but for me and mine, a matter of life and death.

What I do hate, is the zeal with which proponents of EVs present, almost religiously, a case for those vehicles, which tells me that there is intent behind all this to ban ICE vehicles, not just new ones, but any.
In the meantime, the generation capacity to create 17.8 percent of the electricity created in the US is due to be shut down. In my state, 55% of the electricity is generated by coal. We export 50% of the electricity we generate. That will stop if coal plants are all shuttered. Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, and Canada will suffer a shortage.
There are no downwinders to speak of to worry about mercury or other metals, the fly ash is used as a byproduct in the oil industry. Urban areas are literally few and far between.

Consider that vehicles here do not rust (we do not use salt on the roads because when it gets cold: -20 to -30 F is common in winter, it will not melt ice), so it is not uncommon for people to be driving 20 or more year old vehicles. I have a small fleet of six, and they are all 25 or more years old. Think for just a second how much money (and carbon footprint) is saved by driving one vehicle for 25 years versus of getting a new vehicle every three years or so (seven additional vehicles produced must leave a mark). Banksters hate that because they aren't sucking interest out of my pay for a loan, and I don't carry comprehensive insurance (liability only) which means the actuaries aren't raking it in either. But the ultimate parasite is government, and people who are scurrying around in the delusion that an EV is somehow going to change the temperature of the planet want to impose their delusional crap on me, and everyone else, for that matter.
As a geologist who doesn't buy the AGW bullshit (never has), and as one who signed the petition to request that the US NOT become a signatory to the Kyoto Accords, this is all a 'solution' for a 'problem' (not crisis) that doesn't exist in any way that humans can do anything about it but panic and scurry into a new Dark Age as a result of their misguided attempts to solve a problem they cannot.
The planet will be just fine, but civilization may well not be.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 05:55:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2024, 06:06:56 am »
We live in a global economy and US companies will move in a heartbeat to another country with cheaper labor.   China and S. Korea and now Vietnam heavily subsidizes their EV industry. Way more than what we do. If we do not subsidize our home grown EV industry these countries  will become the leaders and we will have to buy the technology and products from them.

Same argument from  the isolationist today. "Our Founding  fathers said to keep out of foreign entanglements"  Well George and crew did not have to deal with intercontinental ballistic missiles, cyber attacks from  3500 miles  away from rogue nations.
We have enough oil to be self sufficient. We have hundreds of years of coal reserves. WHat we are doing is creating an artificial shortage of electricity by increasing demand from sectors which used little. ICE engines work in all climates. They are more efficient with lower emissions than ever. Why would we have to buy any EVs from anyone?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2024, 06:38:47 am »
We have enough oil to be self sufficient. We have hundreds of years of coal reserves. WHat we are doing is creating an artificial shortage of electricity by increasing demand from sectors which used little. ICE engines work in all climates. They are more efficient with lower emissions than ever. Why would we have to buy any EVs from anyone?
Why? For the greater good...the greater good of the new world order to better control the movements of us serfs. What no one has talked about is how absolutely useless EV's are in the case of a natural disaster that destroys the transmission of electricity. Even here in EV friendly Californication when the wildfires were raging and power was cut in those areas EV's were pretty useless and if you had to depend on one to escape the flames :shrug: And where do all the apartment dwellers charge their EV's if everyone is forced into EV's? There has been talk about where the massive increase of electricity needed will come from, but how about how will it be distributed on a already over taxed grid? No, I think I'll wait until is available, or there is another solution to extending the range of EV's though all those EV's towing their ICE generators around will have a negative impact on traffic and parking :pondering:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2024, 09:06:29 am »
Fact is, automakers are pulling back in the EV market and pouring more into hybrids and low emission ICE engines. While this is dismaying to the Tesla nerds and their not-as-cool other EV brand loyalists, the truth is the average consumer doesn’t want an EV, and that isn't gonna change anytime soon. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2024, 02:22:10 am »
@banddag

Can you help me understand your advocacy for federal mandates and subsidies for EV battery manufacturers when hydrogen tanks used to store electricity are significantly lighter, cheaper, more economical, and have far less environmental impact than batteries? 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2024, 02:29:49 am »
A battery is just a replacement for a gas tank...

It has no usable energy in of itself. It simply stores and delivers energy that came from some other source.

Kind of funny if you think about it... The Rube Goldberg approach to transportation...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2024, 06:06:27 pm »
@banddag

Can you help me understand your advocacy for federal mandates and subsidies for EV battery manufacturers when hydrogen tanks used to store electricity are significantly lighter, cheaper, more economical, and have far less environmental impact than batteries?

Still waiting for your response, @banddag
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online banddag

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2024, 11:52:05 pm »
Still waiting for your response, @banddag

I told you up thread. Car co's  secretly want EV's because they take only  1/3 of the labor and 1/2 the parts to build. Why the biggest contentions between unions and the car co's at the last strike was mostly about EV's and loss of union jobs in the future. A union plant  in Toledo OH makes nothing but fuel rails for GM. 90 employees.  Those jobs will be gone with EV's.

Toyota or Honda can't remember, said they will save billions each year in warranty work alone with EV's -no fuel, emissions, ignition, coolant problems to deal with. Ev motors have one moving part and most motors will easily last a million miles according to Tesla.

Yes, I believe hybrids will be popular for a while until the EV kinks get worked out. My local Pilot truck stop is putting in EV chargers as i type.

Talk with any tech who is learning ev tech. The cars are very simplistic.  Majority of Tesla recalls are fixed  online while the car sits at the owners home or work.

A friend owns a Chrysler dealership. The zone rep told him with Ev's he would only need 25% of his current techs or less but at the same time the dealership makes the bulk of their money/profit  from the service dept and the future dealership model is moving towards online sales-you will buy it online -set price and pick up at a local dealer. Yes he is against EV's for these reasons.

As Rush always said follow the money. Ev's maximize profits and minimize cost for the car so's. The car co's can care less about the environment.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 11:57:06 pm by banddag »

Offline DB

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2024, 11:58:35 pm »
Right... They are so economical that you have to subsidize them to get people to buy them... Essentially the poor subsidizing the wealthy for their new toy...

Logic isn't your strong point.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2024, 12:04:52 am »
I told you up thread. Car co's  secretly want EV's because they take only  1/3 of the labor and 1/2 the parts to build.

@banddag

My question wasn't about EVs.  It was about electricity storage for EVs.  So again, can you help me understand your advocacy for federal mandates and subsidies for EV battery manufacturers when hydrogen tanks used to store electricity are significantly lighter, cheaper, more economical, and have far less environmental impact than batteries?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 12:07:25 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2024, 12:08:06 am »
Fact is, automakers are pulling back in the EV market and pouring more into hybrids and low emission ICE engines. While this is dismaying to the Tesla nerds and their not-as-cool other EV brand loyalists, the truth is the average consumer doesn’t want an EV, and that isn't gonna change anytime soon.

Found myself behind a HUMMER EV this morning at a red light in Annapolis, Maryland.

Wondering how often it has to be charged...lugging that weight. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online banddag

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2024, 12:10:46 am »
Right... They are so economical that you have to subsidize them to get people to buy them... Essentially the poor subsidizing the wealthy for their new toy...

Logic isn't your strong point.

Before embarrassing yourself further do some basic research.

The Ev industry is being subsidized because China, S Korea, Vietnam heavily subsides their own EV industry way more than what we do. If we do not subsidize our own companies , US manufacturers will be left behind in the Ev R&D and manufacturing race.

The same reason we are subsidizing our nations chip industry to the tune of $52 billion. If we do not Intel and such would go to the country that offers them the  most subsidies.

The reason why Boeing receives tens of billions of subsidies is because the French govt is heavily subsidizing Airbus. If they did not receive subsidies Boeing would not be able to compete.

In your little world you hate govt giving out money but you do not live in the real world.

Why solar and wind is subsidized.  Do you want to buy it for China or our own US companies?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2024, 12:13:12 am »

Found myself behind a HUMMER EV this morning at a red light in Annapolis, Maryland.

Wondering how often it has to be charged...lugging that weight.
Owning a big ass heavy EV like that is a lot like screwing a fat girl.  It's all fun and dandy till your friends see you stranded with her on the side of the road.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2024, 12:14:06 am »
Before embarrassing yourself further do some basic research.

The Ev industry is being subsidized because China, S Korea, Vietnam heavily subsides their own EV industry way more than what we do. If we do not subsidize our own companies , US manufacturers will be left behind in the Ev R&D and manufacturing race.

The same reason we are subsidizing our nations chip industry to the tune of $52 billion. If we do not Intel and such would go to the country that offers them the  most subsidies.

The reason why Boeing receives tens of billions of subsidies is because the French govt is heavily subsidizing Airbus. If they did not receive subsidies Boeing would not be able to compete.

In your little world you hate govt giving out money but you do not live in the real world.

Why solar and wind is subsidized.  Do you want to buy it for China or our own US companies?

You just affirmed @DB 's assertion by justifying it.  In other words, logic isn't your strong point.  Far from it.

QED

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2024, 12:16:11 am »
Owning a big ass heavy EV like that is a lot like screwing a fat girl.  It's all fun and dandy till your friends see you stranded with her on the side of the road.

Hysterical.  You've outdone yourself, sir.  The internet is yours.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online banddag

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2024, 12:19:26 am »
@banddag

My question wasn't about EVs.  It was about electricity storage for EVs.  So again, can you help me understand your advocacy for federal mandates and subsidies for EV battery manufacturers when hydrogen tanks used to store electricity are significantly lighter, cheaper, more economical, and have far less environmental impact than batteries?

Hydrogen only half as efficient has Ev's.   Toyota looked at the hydrogen model, even created a few but dropped plans. Toyota is coming out with 6 new ev;s in 2026. If hydrogen was viable car co;s would be pushing for them. They are not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmorris/2020/07/04/why-hydrogen-will-never-be-the-future-of-electric-cars/?sh=61a714f412fa

Online banddag

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2024, 12:21:13 am »
You just affirmed @DB 's assertion by justifying it.  In other words, logic isn't your strong point.  Far from it.

QED

Prove what I said is wrong with links please.  Every industry in the US is subsidized by the US gov't starting with big ag..and big ag should be subsidized.

Online banddag

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2024, 12:22:44 am »

QED

That's right you are the guy that said Japan had few covid deaths due to ivermectin until I set you right. I don't recall you responding to my response that shot you down in flames.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2024, 12:24:33 am »
Prove what I said is wrong with links please.  Every industry in the US is subsidized by the US gov't starting with big ag..and big ag should be subsidized.

Oh HELL no.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2024, 12:25:34 am »
Hydrogen only half as efficient has Ev's.   Toyota looked at the hydrogen model, even created a few but dropped plans. Toyota is coming out with 6 new ev;s in 2026. If hydrogen was viable car co;s would be pushing for them. They are not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmorris/2020/07/04/why-hydrogen-will-never-be-the-future-of-electric-cars/?sh=61a714f412fa

Posted earlier on this same thread:

As leftist idiot keep pushing battery subsidies in the US, Toyota is selling these cars starting at $50K.

They use hydrogen as a battery.

https://www.toyota.com/mirai/

And now you realize the pitfalls of making it up as you go.  It announces to everyone what a complete fool you are.

The Toyota Mirai costs less than it's battery counterpart.  Yet you support subsidizing the more expensive model even though it is heavier, costlier, more detrimental to the environment, and higher maintenance.  Care to try again?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online banddag

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2024, 12:26:49 am »

QED

Here ya go

In May 2011, the Appellate Body confirmed that the EU and four of its member States (Germany, France, the UK, and Spain) conferred more than $18 billion in subsidized financing to Airbus and had caused Boeing to lose sales of more than 300 aircraft and significant market share throughout the world.Oct 2, 2019

U.S. Wins $7.5 Billion Award in Airbus Subsidies Case - USTR