Author Topic: Why Were Americans Not Informed of the Difference Between FDA-Approved and Emergency Use Authorizati  (Read 409 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
March 28, 2024
Why Were Americans Not Informed of the Difference Between FDA-Approved and Emergency Use Authorization?
By Mark A. Hewitt

Some internet trolls highlight the fact that Donald Trump signed the Operation Warp Speed bill that authorized the development of COVID “vaccines.”  While that is true, the rest of the story that they conveniently ignore is truly illuminating.

To fully understand the dynamics of the COVID response from the White House, you have to begin with the Right to Try Act that President Trump signed into law on May 30, 2018. 

The Right to Try act “authorize the use of unapproved medical products by patients diagnosed with a terminal illness….”  This indicates, and the subsequent text makes clear, that this act does not apply to drugs which are already on the market for any indication, as these would no longer be “investigational” or “unapproved,” and that patients with a potentially curable condition would not be eligible patients for consideration of treatment under this act.

From a National Institute of Health article:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/why_were_americans_not_informed_of_the_difference_between_fda_approved_and_emergency_use_authorization.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Because Fucci didn't want American's to know!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Those who actually paid attention at the time knew the difference. The information was - and is - out there, easily available, for those who cared to learn. So Mark A. Hewitt's "question" is premised on a falsehood. Unsurprisingly ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I knew I was a guinea pig.  It was either that, or die on a respirator in an ICU ... I wasn't going to inject disinfectant nor put a UV light up my keister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjNSFxluTs
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I knew I was a guinea pig.  It was either that, or die on a respirator in an ICU ... I wasn't going to inject disinfectant nor put a UV light up my keister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjNSFxluTs
The light inside the body is based on studies done before pill form antibiotics were readily available. By exposing, intravenously, part of the circulating blood volume to UV, the cells and viruses and bacteria were killed in vivo, and the body cleaned up the mess, developing antibodies to the dead viruses. The technology was abandoned when antibiotics became readily available.

Linked to the NIH Library here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122858/

The disinfectant was ordinary (food grade) Hydrogen Peroxide, in ordinary strength, nebulized and inhaled.  It kills viri and bacteria on contact, but does little damage to healthy cells. Again, the body acquires antibodies on cleaning up the remnants of the nasty stuff.

https://www.townsendletter.com/article/online-459-nebulized-hydrogen-peroxide-and-upper-respiratory-infections/

The methodology is debated as to danger of developing pneumonitis, and came under attack (don't try this at home folks), but was believed to be effective against viruses, including COVID.

Of course, the media presented this as bleach, maybe because they have a limited knowledge of disinfectants, along with most anything else.

I noticed the attack was on both of these methods, as well as on the drug Hydroxychloroquine, because, aside from mischaracterizing what Trump had said (and being too lazy to do any research, having gone directly into ridicule mode) the narrative that we were all helpless and going to die was to be preserved at all costs.
Within a week, Dr. Zelenko's very lucid You Tube video of how and why the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc protocol worked was pulled from the site, and the media were lying their collective ass off about how deadly Hydroxychloroquine supposedly is (even though I knew better, my Mother had been taking it for Rheumatoid Arthritis for seven years when COVID appeared).

So, unlike the media, I did a little digging, and found there was something to both approaches, but (so shockingly) not as the press presented them. But then, the press had a panic to foster, and the narrative that there was nothing 'effective' except risky and expensive treatments or the shots, which got the Pharmaceutical companies their EUA, and maybe is why you almost never see a pod of commercials without at least one drug ad.

Not only did the narrative remain intact, but the media got to beat Trump up by distorting the message. That was a real two-fer.

With that much lying flying around, and people presenting themselves as experts who had not done the research to recognize the methodology Trump was talking about, I decided to remain in the control group and not get the shots. Hydroxychloroquine became nearly unobtainable, even for people who had been taking it for Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis, but by the time I got COVID, Ivermectin/Doxycycline/Zinc had been revealed, and I could get those and took them in normal doses. Despite having comorbidities I was well in a week.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 01:54:25 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Let's consider how far "out in the open" the difference between "Approved" and "Emergency Use Authorization" was hidden out in the open:

* Can anyone honestly say they did not recognize "Emergency Use Authorization" as a phrase with very specific meaning? The upper-case "E", "U", and "A" were not neon-sign clues pointing at this?

* Can anyone honestly say they did not recognize that "Approved" and "Authorization" are two very different words with very different meanings?

* Can anyone honestly say they did not recognize that "Emergency" was a huge clue pointing an exceptional rather than ordinary process?

* Can anyone honestly say they were unable to do a few minutes' search on W'pedia or using their preferred search engine to learn what "Emergency Use Authorization" means, how the process came into being, and how it is used?

People's incuriosity about what is in plain sight in front of them is not an FDA or Big-Bogey-Pharma conspiracy. It's just people choosing not to take a very little time to learn what was then and still is easily found.

Speaking of what should have been obvious, how many parroting the "Experimental Vaccine" mantra really did not know that the phrase hinged on there being a difference between "Emergency Use Authorization" and "Approved"? What are the odds the American Thinker article author played that very word game in times past?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I would guess that "Get the shot or lose your job" overrode most any other consideration for most of the masses. They were repeatedly told "safe and effective", at least partially a falsehood, and the idea of needing a passport to buy milk was foremost.

Only those of us with a perceived option to get or not get the shots were taking the time to do any research, some more than others.

Imho, the deeper I dug, the worse the smell got over what was being said.
As time has shown, an awful lot was a lie.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis