Author Topic: Report: White House Press Corps Loots Air Force One — Wine Glasses, Tumblers, Gold-Rimmed Plates  (Read 293 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: White House Press Corps Loots Air Force One — Wine Glasses, Tumblers, Gold-Rimmed Plates

Wendell Husebø 29 Mar 2024

Journalists in the White House press corps covering President Joe Biden’s administration habitually steal insignia items from Air Force One, four people told West Wing Playbook.

The looting reportedly grew to such a degree under Biden’s tenure that the president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, NBC correspondent Kelly O’Donnell, issued a “terse reminder” that stealing from Air Force One is not allowed, several individuals who saw the off-the-record email confirmed to Playbook.

None of the members of the press corps reportedly responded to O’Donnell’s email.

Items allegedly stolen include:

Wine glasses
    Tumblers
    Gold-rimmed plates
    Embroidered pillowcase

“For years, scores of journalists — and others — have quietly stuffed everything from engraved whiskey tumblers to wine glasses to pretty much anything with the Air Force One insignia on it into their bag before stepping off the plane,” Playbook reported:

“On my first flight, the person next to me was like, ‘You should take that glass,’” one current White House reporter told West Wing Playbook. “They were like: ‘Everyone does it.’”

When we raised the subject with current and former White House correspondents, stories spilled forth. There’s one about the senator in the front of the plane who — as a chatty aide told reporters — was taking everything not bolted down. Several colleagues of one former White House correspondent for a major newspaper described them hosting a dinner party where all the food was served on gold-rimmed Air Force One plates, evidently taken bit by bit over the course of some time. Reporters recalled coming down the back stairs after returning to Joint Base Andrews in the evening with the sounds of clinking glassware or porcelain plates in their backpacks.

The reported looting has gotten so bad that O’Donnell is being pressured to crack down on the alleged theft, White House officials familiar with the matter told Playbook, noting the crackdown is not meant to “embarrass individual reporters but to send a message that the thefts needed to stop.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/29/report-white-house-press-corps-loots-air-force-one-wine-glasses-tumblers-gold-rimmed-plates/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

How incredibly pathetic.  But, of course,  we've long known that very few in the news media have any ethics.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How incredibly pathetic.  But, of course,  we've long known that very few in the news media have any ethics.

C'mon man, Joe stole Holliday Inn monogramed ashtrays and bath towels back when he was a Jr. Senator...I saw those trinkets in his garage on top of the boxes that held those classified documents next to his Vette.  It's what the classless do.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Everybody realizes this is the MSM we are talking about?....

The morally corrupt have no redemptive qualities.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just put the word out that anyone getting off the plane with the crockery won't get back on--ever, and have them search their own gear before getting off, just to make sure nothing got planted by a competitor.  These people are getting paid well enough to buy their own stuff if they are flying along on AF1.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis