Author Topic: Philippines hints at fresh fighter fleet amid negotiations with Sweden  (Read 134 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Philippines hints at fresh fighter fleet amid negotiations with Sweden
By Leilani Chavez
 Thursday, Feb 22

SINGAPORE — The Philippines is nearing a breakthrough in negotiations to buy fighter jets from Sweden after two decades of efforts to refresh its fleet.

The two governments are now ironing out the final terms of defense cooperation based on a memorandum of understanding signed in June and ratified in September, the Philippines’ Defense Department explained in a Feb. 16 news release.

The arrangement is key to Sweden’s participation in the Philippines’ multirole fighter jet program, the department said, and the governments are to ink a deal at a meeting next month.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2024/02/22/philippines-hints-at-fresh-fighter-fleet-amid-negotiations-with-sweden/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is their AF trying to upgrade to more modern F-4s and A-6s? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson