Author Topic: 2 injured in Apache helicopter crash, second mishap in three days  (Read 499 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2 injured in Apache helicopter crash, second mishap in three days
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Mar 28, 04:55 PM

An Army AH-64 Apache crash at Fort Carson, Colorado, on Wednesday sent two crew members to the hospital, causing a temporary aviation pause at the installation and marking the second time within three days the service experienced an Apache helicopter mishap.

The pair of service members were transported to Evans Army Community Hospital, where they were treated for minor injuries and released later that night, Fort Carson officials told Military Times.

Investigators will look into the cause of the incident, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. when the helicopter, assigned to 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, experienced a mishap during a routine training exercise, the officials said.

“The command has temporarily grounded all aviation assets on Fort Carson until further notice,” the officials added in their statement.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/03/28/2-injured-in-apache-helicopter-crash-second-mishap-in-three-days/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 2 injured in Apache helicopter crash, second mishap in three days
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 04:15:56 pm »
The maintainers are doing fine job of keeping military assets in tip top shape!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 10:01:44 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
How does the US Army lose 7 Apaches in training accidents since the start of the year? Either DEI has really taken its toll or the helicopter isn’t very safe and they’re using training accidents as cover for bad equipment.
5:04 PM · Mar 29, 2024

https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1773815124983460000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:10:52 am »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
How does the US Army lose 7 Apaches in training accidents since the start of the year? Either DEI has really taken its toll or the helicopter isn’t very safe and they’re using training accidents as cover for bad equipment.
5:04 PM · Mar 29, 2024

https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1773815124983460000
Or there has been a change in the pilot quality. :shrug:

Or a bit of all of the above.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis