Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Hispanics Disagree with Biden, Say Calling Laken Riley’s Alleged Killer ‘Illegal’  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Poll: Majority of Hispanics Disagree with Biden, Say Calling Laken Riley’s Alleged Killer ‘Illegal’ Is  Appropriate

JOHN BINDER28 Mar 2024108

An overwhelming majority of Hispanic Americans say calling the illegal alien accused of murdering 22-year-old Laken Riley an “illegal,” as President Joe Biden initially did, is appropriate, a Harvard/Harris poll finds.

During his State of the Union (SOTU) address this month, Biden was pressured by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) to address Laken Riley’s murder. Biden ultimately called the suspect accused of murdering Riley, Jose Antonio Ibarra, “an illegal.”

Afterward, Biden seemingly told MSNBC he regretted using the term “illegal.”

“Undocumented person and I shouldn’t have used ‘illegal,’ I should have — it’s undocumented, Biden said of Ibarra’s immigration status in the U.S. In response to Biden’s comment, the White House said the president “did not apologize” to Ibarra.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/28/poll-majority-hispanics-disagree-biden-say-calling-laken-rileys-alleged-killer-illegal-appropriate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm sure responsible Hispanics want to divest themselves of all the crimes being committed by illegals.  I'm sure they feel, and are probably correct, that when people hear migrant, they automatically think Hispanic instead of maybe Canadian. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson