Author Topic: Nine states plan to ban gas-powered car sales by 2035  (Read 492 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nine states plan to ban gas-powered car sales by 2035
« on: March 28, 2024, 08:44:53 pm »
March 28, 2024 12:55pm EDT
Nine states plan to ban gas-powered car sales by 2035
Advanced Clean Cars II rules look to phase out sales of new gas-powered cars in next decade

By Stephen Sorace FOXBusiness

Nine states are planning to ban new gasoline-powered vehicle sales by 2035 as part of an initiative to cut climate-warming emissions.

The Advanced Clean Cars II rules originated in California with the state Air Resources Board. The regulations in California look to phase out the sale of new gas vehicles beginning with the 2026 model year, scaling back over time until 2035 – when a total ban on the sales will go into effect.

Since the rules were first adopted in California in 2022, eight other states have followed suit, with several others considering the plan.

So far, the other states that have implemented the plan to hit the goal of selling zero new gas-powered vehicles by 2035 include Washington, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/9-states-plan-ban-gas-powered-car-sales-2035
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Nine states plan to ban gas-powered car sales by 2035
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 08:48:39 pm »
f'n insanity. This is the city folks imposing their Klimate Kult stupidity on people who live out in the sticks. One big winter blackout and maybe they'd think again. or not.

I have to remember that half (or more) of the population are below average intelligence, and that common sense is found in less than 10% of the population.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 09:03:07 pm »
The majority of the states are places that get really really cold in the winter.  And we all know how efficient EV's are in freezing temps.  So bless their virtue signaling stupid ass hearts.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:54 pm »
The majority of the states are places that get really really cold in the winter.  And we all know how efficient EV's are in freezing temps.  So bless their virtue signaling stupid ass hearts.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t say that.

Only a few can get really cold, in places.  Iknow Maryland is very moderate so there really won’t be any problem for our liberals.

I’ll have to fight this.

I wish to retain my childhood home and having to leave it due to this asinine garbage would break my heart.  Never mind if I’ll even be able to retain it through probate.

Unfortunately it’s in the heart of liberalland, populated mostly by foreigners who came here for their beloved Fed jobs.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.