Author Topic: Harvard Accused Of Promoting Eco-Terrorism For Plans To Screen ‘How To Blow Up A Pipeline’ Film  (Read 782 times)

Online mountaineer

Harvard is under fire for a movie screening of ‘How To Blow Up A Pipeline,’ a film that the FBI says promotes eco-terrorism. The film’s website includes a “Take Action” page on its website with a map of U.S. oil and gas pipelines.
Harvard Accused Of Promoting Eco-Terrorism For Plans To Screen ‘How To Blow Up A Pipeline’ Film
Harvard Law School invites those 'interested in environmental activism' to meet director of film flagged by FBI over terrorism concerns
By  Kassy Dillon
Mar 28, 2024   DailyWire.com

Harvard Law School is under fire for plans to host a movie screening of ‘How To Blow Up A Pipeline,’ a film that the FBI says promotes eco-terrorism.

The film, directed by Harvard alumni Daniel Goldhaber, grows ideas from Andreas Malm’s book with the same name, and tells the story of a group of young people blowing up a pipeline as an activism tactic. The film’s website includes a “Take Action” page on its website with a map of U.S. oil and gas pipelines.

Harvard appears to going beyond simply screening the film. A website operated by Harvard Law School professor Jon Hanson, who is moderating a Q&A with the film’s director during the event, encourages attendance of all students “interested in environmental activism.” His website, the Systemic Justice Project, describes the film’s plot as “the story of a group of activists who execute a daring plan to (you guessed it) blow up a pipeline.”

The FBI issued a terrorist alert due to fears that the movie would inspire eco-terrorism, Rolling Stone reported in April. Another 23 law enforcement entities followed suit. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

UPDATE

Harvard scrubs ‘How to Blow Up a Pipeline’ film info from website
Kate Roberson - Empire State College
April 4, 2024
The College Fix
Harvard Law School scrubbed its website of an event page advertising a screening of the film “How to Blow Up a Pipeline” amid concerns about endorsing violence.

Internet archives show the event page was removed sometime between Friday and Tuesday when The College Fix noticed it was gone. A post advertising the screening on Harvard’s Systemic Justice Project website also was removed prior to the event.

“How to Blow Up a Pipeline” is a fictional story about climate activists who blow up a section of pipe in Texas, according to the film’s website. ...

The film is based on a nonfiction 2021 book of the same name by Andreas Malm, a human ecology professor at Lund University in Sweden and climate activist.

The publisher’s synopsis describes the book as “an impassioned call for the climate movement to escalate its tactics in the face of ecological collapse.”

“We need, he argues, to force fossil fuel extraction to stop – with our actions, with our bodies, and by defusing and destroying its tools. We need, in short, to start blowing up some oil pipelines,” according to the synopsis. ...

Online mountaineer

Offline LMAO

So this is what forgiving student loans will pay for, eh?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy