Author Topic: US & Japanese Aegis Missile Defense Warships to Form Protective "Shield" Around Taiwan  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US & Japanese Aegis Missile Defense Warships to Form Protective "Shield" Around Taiwan
A US-Japanese alliance is expanding an ability to counter Chinese ballistic missiles, anti-ship missiles and nuclear missiles
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION8 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

A US-Japanese war preparation alliance is expanding an ability to track and counter Chinese ballistic missiles, anti-ship missiles and even nuclear missiles with combined warship patrols armed with advanced Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) technology.

In a joint exercise called Resilient Shield 2024, the Japanese Self-Defense Forces merged BMD tactics with US Navy warships to refine targeting, networking, fire control and intercept technologies, a US Navy essay stated. Although the exercise took place in a simulated computer-based environment, it was intended to assess US-Japanese threat detection, targeting and networking synergies with a mind to expanding a BMD envelope for both countries. With technological advances, computer based simulations are increasingly capable of closely replicate key performance parameters of weapons systems, along with actual simulated “live-fire” kinds of scenarios, data networking and advanced targeting.

A US-Japanese BMD capability introduces extremely significant tactical dynamics as it could massively expand a missile-defense envelope throughout vulnerable parts of the Pacific theater. Both the US Navy and Japan operate Aegis-warships, as Japan is an Aegis partner. This is critical as it means both countries’ warships will operate with similar software, technological infrastructure, computing and an ability to share target-track information. The Aegis Combat System is an integrated suite of technologies engineered to use common computing standards, software, fire-control and highly-sensitive radar detection to locate, track and destroy incoming enemy ballistic missiles. The most recent upgrades to Aegis, such as Baseline 10 and software-driven "tech-insertions" enable a single system to perform both Ballistic Missile Defenses as well as Air-and-Cruise-Missile defense, meaning that anti-ship-missiles as well as ballistic missiles and even ICBMs can be tracked and intercepted.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/us-japanese-aegis-missile-defense-warships-to-form-protective-shield-around-taiwan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Like the Maginot Line protected France in WWII?  Militaries still have to keep on high alert and be ready to move, not depend on the fortification to do the work.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Like the Maginot Line protected France in WWII?  Militaries still have to keep on high alert and be ready to move, not depend on the fortification to do the work.

@rangerrebew

Of course,but  it is important to have more  to protect than huge smoking,radioactive craters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!