Author Topic: BE ALL WE CAN BE: RECLAIMING THE ARMY IDENTITY  (Read 306 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BE ALL WE CAN BE: RECLAIMING THE ARMY IDENTITY
« on: March 28, 2024, 12:58:24 pm »
BE ALL WE CAN BE: RECLAIMING THE ARMY IDENTITY
 LEAH FOODMAN  MARCH 21, 2024 

In order to solve its recruiting crisis—and safeguard national security—the Army must reclaim its identity in the eyes of the American public

Americans are still joining the military, just not the Army. Although obesity and substance abuse rates disqualify 77% of young Americans from service (a six-percentage point increase since 2017), the other services are still meeting their recruitment goals. In Fiscal Year 2022, the Marine Corps, Air Force, Space Force, and Navy each met 100% of their active-duty recruiting goal. Meanwhile, the Army fell short by a staggering 25% in both 2022 and 2023.  The Army’s failure is therefore not an issue of ineligibility, but of identity: By advertising soldiering as a nine-to-five job with benefits, the Army has distanced itself from traditional calls to service, adventure, and growth.

In order to solve its recruiting crisis—and safeguard national security—the Army must reclaim its identity in the eyes of the American public by (1) maintaining a high standard of excellence in recruiting and operations to attract qualified candidates, and (2) gearing advertisements toward those intrinsically inspired by service, camaraderie, and challenge. The Army must not lose sight of its mission: to fight and win our nation’s wars. Rather than brand the Army as a common path for anyone to follow, we must market— and embody—the uncommon path for those striving to be extraordinary.

High Standards Proliferate, Even Among GenZ

Conventional wisdom might suggest that the Army should “get with the times,” but rather than sway with the cultural winds, the Army must remain vigilant in protecting and projecting the traditional image of the American soldier. The Army must breed disciplined, capable, and intelligent servant leaders. Calls to lower standards to appeal to GenZ might bring in more recruits in the short term, but would also signal desperation, degrade the overall quality of the force, and turn motivated citizens towards other branches. The Army must safeguard against and deter preventable, premature separations from the service by maintaining and upholding fitness standards among new recruits. Basic trainees who are incapable of completing their training place undue strain on units, occupy resources unnecessarily, and render enlistment bonuses wasteful.

https://warroom.armywarcollege.edu/articles/all-we-can-be/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: BE ALL WE CAN BE: RECLAIMING THE ARMY IDENTITY
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 01:00:37 pm »
There are three other groups working against the idea and each wields more power and influence than the American people:

The Administration

The Pentagon

The Media
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: BE ALL WE CAN BE: RECLAIMING THE ARMY IDENTITY
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 02:16:37 pm »
Want to reclaim the US Army identity?

The FIRST thing you need to do is recall General Miss Miley to  active duty,and they court-martial  him for treason. Get him to make a deal by offering him/her a reduced sentence for exposing co-conspirators both in and  out of uniform. Bonus points for naming politicians that "greased the skids for them".

The NCO's and the Junior Officers are NOT  stupid people,and they know the senior leadership is nothing less than a pack of communist whores that will sell them out in a minute if an actual shooting war were to begin.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!