Author Topic: Isle of Wight families struggle with soaring heating costs in ‘eco-friendly’ homes  (Read 425 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isle of Wight families struggle with soaring heating costs in ‘eco-friendly’ homes
MARCH 28, 2024
By Paul Homewood

“Angry and frustrated” parents say their young children are going cold as heating costs on an Isle of Wight housing estate skyrocket to ‘unaffordable’ rates.

Residents of Bluebell Meadows and St George’s Gate claim they have been ‘lied to’ and feel ‘let down’, having been promised cheap bills and houses which were economical to run.

Residents faced soaring costs
Despite the estate using a unique biomass heating system — a centralised system which burns wood chippings to provide heat and hot water to homes — those living there say they have faced soaring costs in recent months.

Those responsible for the estate — Barratt David Wilson Homes, the Isle of Wight Council and Sovereign Network Group, which together form the Pan Management Company — say the surge in prices “reflect the handover of the biomass centre” to the estate management company.

In a joint statement, they said they were looking at the fuel supply arrangements to try to help reduce costs.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/03/28/isle-of-wight-families-struggle-with-soaring-heating-costs-in-eco-friendly-homes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
These guys always think that the BTU value of the fuel, affordability and the ability to have it on demand never matter.

Wood is great on a micro, household scale such as a backwoods homestead, but not nearly has workable for large populations of first world level energy usage.

So unless you get rid of 95% of the existing population, alternatives won't work.  wink777
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:04:08 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

So unless you get rid of 95% of the existing population ...
Say, there's an idea Bill Gates would appreciate!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org