Author Topic: MTG predicts ‘end of our republic’ as GOP House members head for the exits  (Read 1176 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MTG predicts ‘end of our republic’ as GOP House members head for the exits
By
Misty Severi
March 27, 2024 1:52 pm

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) predicted Republicans would soon lose their majority in the House, which would bring the “end of our republic,” because House Republicans keep departing in the middle of the year.

Greene said she would not be held responsible if House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) became the next House speaker, claiming Republicans such as Reps. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) and Ken Buck (R-CO) hold more blame for leaving in the middle of the term.

“I am not going to be responsible for Hakeem Jeffries being speaker of the House,” Greene told Real America’s Voice on Tuesday. “I am not going to be responsible for a Democratic majority taking over our Republican majority. That lies squarely, squarely, on the shoulders of these Republicans that are leaving early because they don’t have the intestinal fortitude to handle the real fight and the responsibility that comes with leadership and the end of our republic when our country is nearly destroyed.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2941201/mtg-predicts-end-of-republic-gop-house-members-head-for-exits/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Drama queen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Part of what she says here is right.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dems cannot take over GOP majority; GOP is giving away majority to Dems because some Republicans want to return to a life free of MAGA toxicity.

You learn to work with those with whom you disagree, so you don't end up working for someone with whom you disagree more.

A little something is still more than a whole lot of nothing.  Sometimes all you have to show for "all or nothing" politics is nothing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
MTG predicts ‘end of our republic’ as GOP House members head for the exits
By
Misty Severi
March 27, 2024 1:52 pm

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) predicted Republicans would soon lose their majority in the House, which would bring the “end of our republic,” because House Republicans keep departing in the middle of the year.

Greene said she would not be held responsible if House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) became the next House speaker, claiming Republicans such as Reps. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) and Ken Buck (R-CO) hold more blame for leaving in the middle of the term.

“I am not going to be responsible for Hakeem Jeffries being speaker of the House,” Greene told Real America’s Voice on Tuesday. “I am not going to be responsible for a Democratic majority taking over our Republican majority. That lies squarely, squarely, on the shoulders of these Republicans that are leaving early because they don’t have the intestinal fortitude to handle the real fight and the responsibility that comes with leadership and the end of our republic when our country is nearly destroyed.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2941201/mtg-predicts-end-of-republic-gop-house-members-head-for-exits/

So she and her friends set the match, and try to blame others for burning it down.

Sure, we can also blame the guys who are leaving, but what's the point in that if they've leaving anyway?  It's MTG and others who engaged in that behavior and plan to remain in Congress and be rewarded with increased power/influence.  The truth is the radicals' plan extended only so far as destroying the then-current leadership.  They had no feasible plan for what would come afterwards because they knew they didn't have the votes.  Moreover, plenty of people predicted it would only further divide the conference, and make things worse.  The facts and writing were on the wall, and they just ignored them.

As legislators, one of their critical job functions is to be able to see beyond the immediate, direct impact of legislative actions, and also take into account potential unintended consequences.  Don't we hold Democrats accountable for that?  They pass some feel-good piece of legislation that sounds wonderful on its face, but has a whole bunch of likely unintended consequences that result in a massive shitshow.  And when they try to distance themselves from those consequences by saying "that wasn't what we intended, all we were trying to do was...", we rightfully jump their shit and tell them that they own those negative consequences.  Right?  So why should Gaetz, MTG, etc. to a lower standard?  They did it, they were warned as to the consequences, and chose to do it anyway because it was good politics for them in the short term, and because it made them and their supporters feel better.  They own this now.

Oh, and I should add that Matt "Moron" Rosendale should be thrilled with these latest developments, as he's the idiot who said he wanted the smallest Republican majority possible.  Well, looks like he's gotten what he wished for!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:07:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dems cannot take over GOP majority; GOP is giving away majority to Dems because some Republicans want to return to a life free of MAGA toxicity.

@DefiantMassRINO

Is there NOTHING that isn't Trumps fault??????

I bet he is responsible for original sin,and you being born ugly,ain't he?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

You learn to work with those with whom you disagree, so you don't end up working for someone with whom you disagree more.

A little something is still more than a whole lot of nothing.  Sometimes all you have to show for "all or nothing" politics is nothing.

Agree for the most part. But...these retiring individuals were elected by their constituencies to do a job. That is who is ultimately let down. They need to hang around at least until November to maintain a majority. jmho

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I raise a glass in a toast to Ms. Greene becoming House minority leader in 2025...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

:amen:

The idea that Johnson, etc., are just as bad as the Democrats is belied by MTG's own "end of the Republic" language.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DefiantMassRINO

Good stuff, @sneakypete    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After all the LIARS and deceivers promising that a one party rule of democrats would bring us a declared utopia, shock of shocks, it was all just pack of lies?  Can we survive and endless pack of liars and lies promising and endless ut5opia?  When will liars politicians and their stooges lieing finally become to much to endlessly believe in?  When America becomes dead and gone 3rd world !

:chairbang: :yowsa: :chairbang:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

@DefiantMassRINO

Donald Trump is not to blame for the ever-shrinking GOP majority in the House.  GOP Members of the House are grown adults making poor decisions.

////00000////

Has anyone seen the Serpent and Donnal Trump in the same place, at the same time?  By the rules of conspiracy theory, Donald Trump could be responsible for Original Sin.

I wasn't born ugly; faulty mirrors and faulty cameras just make me appear ugly.  I've been told I do have a face for radio.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Donald Trump is not to blame for the ever-shrinking GOP majority in the House.  GOP Members of the House are grown adults making poor decisions.

I'd agree with that.  Trump did not endorse removing McCarthy as Speaker.  That was all on the folks who did it.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
:amen:

The idea that Johnson, etc., are just as bad as the Democrats is belied by MTG's own "end of the Republic" language.

Yep....love that fearmongering garbage.

It's really insulting to listen to. 

This country has survived worse than Biden and Green should learn to think before she starts running off at the mouth.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Part of what she says here is right.

What part is that ?