Author Topic: Lego head mugshots add to California’s debate on policing and privacy  (Read 274 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What's in the reefer in Cali?

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2024/03/27/lego-head-mugshots-add-to-californias-debate-on-policing-and-privacy/?p1=hp_featurebox
Lego head mugshots add to California’s debate on policing and privacy

By STEFANIE DAZIO, Associated Press
updated on March 27, 2024 | 10:02 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Southern California police department has been handcuffed by Lego after the toy company asked the agency to stop adding Lego heads to cover the faces of suspects in images it shares on social media.

The Murrieta Police Department has been using Lego heads and emojis to cover people’s faces in posts on social sites since at least early 2023. But the altered photos went viral last week after the department posted a statement about its policy, prompting several news articles and, later, the request from Lego.

“Why the covered faces?” the department wrote March 18 in an Instagram post that featured five people in a lineup, their faces covered by Lego heads with varying expressions. The post went on to reference a California law that took effect Jan. 1, limiting departments in sharing mugshots on social media. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.