Author Topic: Exclusive–O’Brien: Emails Reveal Athens Mayor Saw Laken Riley’s Murder as a PR Problem  (Read 245 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exclusive–O’Brien: Emails Reveal Athens Mayor Saw Laken Riley’s Murder as a PR Problem

Laken Riley, Kelly GirtzLaken Riley/Facebook, kellygirtz/Instagram
MATT O'BRIEN26 Mar 2024653

In the wake of Laken Riley’s murder in Georgia, Athens-Clarke County Mayor Kelly Girtz condescendingly dismissed suggestions from the public and media that his county’s refusal to cooperate with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may have been a contributing factor.

He also insisted that Athens-Clarke County is not a sanctuary jurisdiction, stating, “The term ‘sanctuary city’ doesn’t have a sole legal or procedural definition. That term means different things to different people, depending on the context of the discussion.”

Actually, the term “sanctuary city” doesn’t have any legal or procedural definition. Under the Supremacy Clause of the 10th Amendment, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The Constitution delegates the powers to establish a uniform rule of naturalization, manage immigration and control our borders to the Federal Government. If a state disapproves of some aspect of immigration law, it may ask its representatives in Congress to change it – but it cannot unilaterally ignore that law or actively impede federal efforts to enforce it.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/26/exclusive-obrien-emails-reveal-athens-mayor-saw-laken-rileys-murder-as-a-pr-problem/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:30:23 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Was her name Laken or Lincoln?  Biden uses Lincoln and someone as sharp minded, alert, and considerate of the feelings of the family would never use the name of Lincoln if it were incorrect. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson