Author Topic: White House Claims Republicans Want to Defund the Police and I Can't Stop Laughing  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House Claims Republicans Want to Defund the Police and I Can't Stop Laughing
MATT MARGOLIS | 10:37 AM ON MARCH 26, 2024

Are you ready for a good laugh? Here it comes: the White House is accusing House Republicans of wanting to defund the police while simultaneously claiming that Joe Biden wants to protect their funding.

"Joe Biden won’t let Congressional Republicans defund the police, abolish law enforcement agencies like the FBI, gut crime prevention, or rollback landmark legislation critical to the fight against gun crime," White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates told Fox News Digital.

It's strange that the White House still thinks it can successfully flip the script on this. Many Democrats have gone on record stating without equivocation that they support defunding the police.

This is not the first time we've seen efforts to blame Republicans for defunding the police. In fact, the narrative goes back years.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/03/26/white-house-claims-republicans-want-to-defund-the-police-and-i-cant-stop-laughing-n4927648#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The message the WH person actually read said "refund" the police but, being slightly dyslexic, thought it said defund. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

Maybe he means the Thought Police that have been created by the nexus of the intelligence services and tech and media companies.  A lot of us on this side of the aisle would love to defund that.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.