Author Topic: Where are the US ships on the Gaza aid mission now?  (Read 164 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where are the US ships on the Gaza aid mission now?
« on: March 27, 2024, 01:30:56 pm »
Where are the US ships on the Gaza aid mission now?
Most are not even half-way to their destination, and at least two haven't left yet

Qiosk
KELLEY BEAUCAR VLAHOS
MAR 26, 2024
The Army and Navy ships that have left the U.S. for a massive humanitarian aid project in Gaza are still making their way across the Atlantic, with two still at ports in Florida and Virginia. It will likely take until mid-April for the vessels to reach Gaza and begin building a temporary causeway to facilitate the entry of life-saving aid into the strip.

Looking at real-time satellite imagery tracking military vessels, it looks like the USAV Gen. Frank Besson Jr., an Army support vessel that left Fort Eustis, Virginia, on March 10, has been moored and presumably refueling at a port in the Azores, Portugal, since Friday. It is at the half-way point between the U.S. and its final destination of Cyprus (nearly 5,000 nautical miles total). At an average speed of 10 knots, its journey will take nearly two more weeks, depending on weather conditions, once it gets going again.

The rest of the vessels are behind and, as of Tuesday, halfway across the Atlantic, though they can travel at slightly higher speeds than the Besson. They include the Army support vessels Loux, Matamoros, Monterrey and Wilson Wharf, which are all traveling together and were between Bermuda and the Azores Tuesday morning.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/us-pier-military-gaza/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Where are the US ships on the Gaza aid mission now?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:32:46 pm »
If Israel said they were all going to become illegal newcomers after they got the supplies, the ships would have been there before they were asked for or ordered.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:33:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson